Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Reprise

Late last November, I wrote a post that I called Stupid Pills. The day had begun with a fiddle lesson that went badly, and it went downhill from there. The next day I woke up sick and wrote Clinging to my Raft. I was quite ill, but I actually took some solace from the realization that part of the previous day's problems might be attributed to the fact that I had been getting sick rather than simply losing my competence.

Yesterday, almost a year later, I had another poor fiddle lesson. Oh, it wasn't as bad as last year's, and the rest of the day wasn't fraught with misadventure, but I clearly wasn't with it. I was out of sync all of the way through the lesson. I felt that way even on my trip in and thought about last year's fiasco but dismissed the notion that something might be going wrong with my body because, other than feeling out of sync, I was actually feeling alright. Therefore, I put my misfiring down to a bit of an after-Thanksgiving-weekend reaction, a hangover of sorts if you will. No, not that kind of hangover!

Today, I woke up with a headache and sore throat. I'm not deathly ill, but I find it remarkable that, once again, performance issues preceded the actual onset of illness or at least the realization of that illness. And, once again, I find it somewhat comforting to be able to pin a reason to my rather weak showing yesterday.

Not only that, but this short blog was decidedly difficult to write. Sometimes it flows; sometimes it's a struggle to write one decent sentence.

1 comment:

thailandchani said...

Yes, I suspect we all go through times like that. Interesting that you seem to get sick on a schedule. :)


Peace,

~Chani
http://thailandgal.blogspot.com