Monday, October 29, 2007

Just Before it Snowed ...

... I took this picture.


It's the corner by the park, the one that we often pass by when going to and from the kids' house. It was a partially sunny day, so we had been out walking and driving before visiting the kids and the bonny wee Smudge. When we went by this site, the sun was shining, but I drove past regardless. Then, I thought better of it and doubled back to snap the picture: might as well while where is still a bit of colour here and there. Many more leaves have fallen than remain, but these trees still looked splendiferous — to me anyway.

Ironically, some drops hit the windshield moments later. "Cuppa, could that be snow that I see falling?" She replied that it couldn't possibly be, but, alas and alack, it was. Not much; we almost had to squint to discern it, but that's what it was. It was just two evenings ago, when we went on a short evening walk crawl, that I remarked to the old girl: "For the first time, I think I feel the hint of winter in the air." And she agreed.

So, shortly after making that remark and immediately after taking what might possibly be my last autumn photo, it snowed. Not to worry: it's still autumn, and it may not snow again for another month or more, but ...

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I haven't seen flake yet and can wait til December 24th, thanks. Your temperature icon says 48F right now, but I am sure night time is a lot colder.

ChrisB said...

I don't even want to think about snow and we don't usually get much anyway. I'll just dwell on your lovely autumn photo.

Pam said...

Oh no, AC, you said the "S" word!