Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Betwixt

It's not easy being comfortable at this time of year. The weather was torrid when we cooked the turkey last Friday, but we didn't want to run the AC in October. Now it's cold and damp, and we don't want to turn on the heat yet. We try to wait until the end of October, but we never quite make it. It was easier in the previous house when we had a fireplace to use when we didn't want to heat the whole house. Alas ...

Meanwhile, my headache continues to bang away at me, even after two strong Advil early this morning followed by two strong Tylenol later. But I've been slogging away at Thanksgiving pictures anyway, and I think I'll post them now. That will make three posts in one day, so you'll excuse me if I head into hibernation for a while? It's cold enough after all.

3 comments:

Norma said...

October is a much better time for Thanksgiving than the end of November. I'd forgotten about your holiday, but we were at our lake home (near Canada) and I heard the newscaster mention "Happy Thanksgiving," which caught me a bit by surprise.

Hope you're feeling better.

Turtle Guy said...

I haven't been around to read much lately.

Feeling cold, damp AND not well is like a tripple whammy.

I've found massage therapy to be far more effective for headaches than Tylenol or Advil.

Catherine said...

I love the word "betwixt." And you hit the nail on the head, weather-wise...
catherine