Sunday, October 04, 2026

Sunday Miscellany

 It is 4C out at 7, and my window is open this morning, but I am toasty under the heated afghan. 

I always mistype morning (except now) but autocorrect never corrects it.

We’ve begun fall cleanup. The backyard is done. The front can stay for awhile. 

We’ll be getting a dog this week — doggy-sitting for five weeks. He’s old. What have we done?!

The dog will keep us from doing some of our normal colour-peeping drives, but we got to the sugarbush last week, and we can enjoy the colours here in town. 

Over the past months, I have written and trashed two posts about The Oak Ridge Boys — don't even ask, or I would have to create and trash another one. There were other posts in draft form — 18 posts in all. I trashed half of them, including the Oak Ridge Boys. There are a few that I might still post. 

I have some October-Halloween images in the queue. This is my most recent — a figure from Dark & Deadly reimagined. It is saying, “Come to bed, my darling.”


The original photo

Speaking of Dark & Deadly, it may be time for another visi. Maybe today and maybe for a breakfast sandwich too. They serve them piping hot, much better than the chains’ servings. 

Almost finally for today: a photo of a house as we peeked through the trees from the trail. There are pumpkins on the porch. 


Absolutely finally: from out walk yesterday.



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who regularly writes and subsequently trashes posts. Sometimes I come back and rewrite them in a different way that gets past my previous hang-up with it and they see the light of day, but not very often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't let the visiting doggie get scared by the Halloween creatures that hang out with.... Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete