Saturday, October 03, 2026

Riverside Park (mostly)

I will begin with a shot that almost qualifies as an orphan by now. It isn't terribly special, but it got noticed by the right people on Flickr and so was viewed more than 4K times rather than the usual 100 or so viewings. I captured this young lad tossing the basketball in our neighbourhood park.

Now for more local autumn colour from Riverside Park: tis the season after all. 




No longer in Riverside Park but looking downriver from Gillies Bridge on our bridge trail walk.




21 comments:

  1. I need to learn more about Flickr. I always looked at it as an online storage site for photographs but if something is getting 4k views, it is obviously much more than that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once upon a time I would get a lot of comments too, a bit like here, but people just mostly fave now in passing. I have kept it because ny photos tend to be a little more organized there, but I am more selective in what I post there too. I would not post the whole bunch that I posted here, often just one per day.

      Delete
  2. It's supposed to a beautiful day here today but so far we have foggy conditions. Granddaugheter #2 has a soccer game at 10 that we will attend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely bench to stop for a break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are going to try to get out and see some color and take photos today in the sunshine, and we're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos of water and fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sky with the fall colors! The basketball shot is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh these are all stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like seeing the leaves changing colors. I don't see a lot of that around here because we have Pine tree, cactus and Palm trees. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the green contrast to these colours! Not much green left here in northwestern Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am curious about how far north you are. I have pictured Edmonton.

      Delete
  12. Nice captures of the bball player! And the river shot is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot believe how much more color we have this week vs last week. You capture the season so well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trees rocks and water, there's not much better in my opinion. I have photos of my son tossing a basketball. He's 45 now....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see why you got a lot of action on the basketball photo. It’s a great action shot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That first shot has a story in it. It also gives that nostalgic look

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish I were feeling better. This is such a nice walk.

    ReplyDelete