Sue had another post for brown week that also called for hands. She chose to use my old fiddle for the brown part of the prompt along with my very own personal hands. Once again, these are her photos but my edits. I present this one first because it didn't work out as well as I had hoped.
![]() |
| I thought to render the photo b&w except for the violin, but I don't think that it worked for the hands. Oh well, we move on to try other edits with other photos. |
For the next photo I made sure to darken the background a lot but keep the relevant part colourized. I am content with this image.
It was difficult to just get my hands and the fiddle both in the photo while eliminating distractions, so Sue had me hold the instrument differently and not as if I were playing it.
The story with the violin or fiddle is that it has sat unused for a decade. When we first moved here, seeing as this is an area with a fiddling tradition, I did take some lessons and even showed up at a jam or two. Finger and back issues kept me from practising as much as I should before causing me to shut it down entirely. I did have quite a bit of enjoyment with the instrument for about five years although an old guy who couldn't practise as much as necessary never became very proficient.
My body, being what it is, and the instrument requiring a tuning and perhaps replacement of strings, I did not attempt to play a single note on the day of this photoshoot.
By the way, for those who don't know, a fiddle and a violin are exactly the same instrument, and so I used both words in this post. Fiddling is a certain style of music.



These are some beautiful photo compositions (no music pun intended).
ReplyDeleteI like the second one best. Good on you for even attempting to play. It looks really difficult.
ReplyDeleteI like the second photograph best, too. I love the shape of stringed instruments, from the smallest to the largest.
ReplyDeleteIn the first photo, I thought you were wearing gloves!
ReplyDelete