Monday, June 29, 2026

Recent Evening Wanderings

It's summer, so on some nights when I can't quite settle, I will go downstairs and grab a few arrowroot cookies. I find that doing something other than lying there sometimes resets me, and I may get to sleep better afterwards. It being summer, I sometimes take my cookies out front and enjoy the relative evening coolness. I may even find my phone and take it with me.

Neighbour runs a few lawn lights and they photographed fairly well for casual shooting. It is possible that the phone might even work better than a real camera for some handheld night photos. Whatever the case, these is what I got that night.



On another night, I just took photo of our porch from the outside and one of Sue's bear inside the porch with patches lighting up from the rotating light.



One night, I went for an actual stroll a bit earlier. I made it to the park where the low sun behind me just caught the trees across the pond in front of me.


In case you are wondering, I do nighttime wanderings on my own. Sue gets to bed much earlier than I, and even if she isn't abed yet, she is ready to turn in soon. 



15 comments:

  1. Great night shots and the dusk pond and trees is lovely. Whose flower pots are waiting for flowers under the trees? I doubt they are yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very atmospheric shots, AC. I especially like the one of your porch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your night time wanderings. Beautiful images, I especially like the one of the house. That's really a good idea instead of just sticking it in bed hoping to fall asleep again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find that CBC radio 1 puts me to sleep when I can't seem to doze off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I go to bed fairly late but don't generally go out for photos. It feels eerie to me. I love the lights--I wish mine worked reliably. Solar lights are not kind to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to get out at night and see the sky.
    Beautiful images from the neighbor's yard lights.
    If I ever move out of the wild lands it would be an adjustment to a night full of light.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It proves that peaceful moments often appear when we stop trying too hard to find them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice night photos! I like that greenish one particularly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It must be very peaceful and your photos are pretty. Bear looks happy to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Night time wanderings sound wonderful to me. The lights are soft and bear looks colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so true that when one is having trouble falling asleep, the best thing to do is get up for awhile. "Reset" is a good word to describe what happens. Scott often goes roaming around outside to take photos. I'm sometimes invited, but can't be arsed once I'm in bed, nice and warm and comfy. -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these pictures. The whole world looks different at night, doesn't it? I was at a yard sale and was shocked to find two brand new boxes of expensive (by my standards, anyway) solar lights. Unopened. Never used. $4 a box. 5 lights in each box. I love roaming outside at night to look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are very different photos. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete