Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Fun at the Mill

It's a rainy, cold day in a rainy, cold week, and Johnny and Susie are pretty well housebound, so I might as well post a blog. This one goes back to our previous session with the kids, with our next one to occur next week.

One day, we took the kids to the mill. It's only about 20 minutes away, and we usually hit this place once or twice per summer. We have a picnic lunch, and then they play on the equipment for awhile.




The real fun is walking down to the river. We remembered their nets but no buckets in which to place their captures. This wasn't too big of a problem this time since their captures were minimum.

They were prim and proper, keeping pretty dry in the bank.



Of course, they were soon getting their feet wet.




And then they got braver.



And braver.


All in all, they had a splashing good time.

13 comments:

Ginger said...

Oh my, such fun!

TexWisGirl said...

i would SO be in there with them!!!

troutbirder said...

What fun indeed. And for the grandparents too....:)

Linda Kay said...

How delightful. Aren't kids just a wonder, and how fun to be able to wade in the water and catch tadpoles and such. Thanks for sharing these lovelies!

Tabor said...

Looks so cool and inviting.

Country Gal said...

Wonderful post and photos and loved the video . Took me back to when I was a kid at the forks of the credit in Caledon Ont ! Thanks for sharing . I enjoyed this ! Have a good day !

EG CameraGirl said...

I'd like to play there too!

Unknown said...

What a great idea for a trip. I like the cooling calming sounds of a river. I used to go as a child in the summer. Great day trip.

Shammickite said...

That looked like fun, I would have been right there in the river with them. Bet the water is cold though.

Gail Dixon said...

Oh that video was so cute!! I love the way Danni (sp?) fell into the water and let out a huge belly laugh! Then brother followed suit. Too dang precious.

Mage said...

Looks like so much fun too. I hope next week is sunny and lightly warm. :)

Donna said...

Oh goodness! I can only imagine how cold that water was!
Lots of fun going on there!
hughugs

Regenia said...

Such active, healthy fun! Wonderful addition to their memory banks.