Monday, August 14, 2017

Blakeney Conservation Area

On Friday, after viewing the sunflowers, we headed over to Blakeney where there are rapids and a nice, little conservation area. It was only a mile or so from the sunflower field, and it is one of our goto spots for a quick, little outing.

Just in from the parking lot there is a bench, and this is where we sat for awhile as the kids wandered here and there around the riverbank. JJ would usually climb this tree and has in the past, but not on this day.



There was a fisherman within our view from the bench where Sue and I sat.



Eventually I wandered around and took some different shots of the fisherman.



I used the milkweed as a foreground element in this one and focused on it, leaving the man out of focus.



Later, I used some loosestrife as a foreground element but included the kids in the frame.



The ladies weren't in the mood for trekking into the woodland part, so JJ and I went off together. There are a number of footbridges to get over the branches of the river as it splits apart for a short time in this area, and JJ being JJ did some climbing and posing. They often tell me when to take photos now.



It's been a wet summer, and we came to a low-lying muddy patch that I didn't want to try to navigate with my poor and untrustworthy lower limbs, but JJ was all up for it and then did some more posing.




It was time to head back, but I took this shot on my way. It is an amalgam of 4 photos to make it a faux long exposure with a bit of blur on the water.



We have a week off before we get the kids for another week, but I hope to get around to showing some of the crafting of slime before then.

18 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This park outing looked like the weather was a but cooler your way, John, and it's always fun to see JJ's poses as well.

Marie Smith said...

That area is a great spot to visit! Oh, the energy of boys!

Jim said...

Both these and the sunflower pictures are beautiful, AC. But I gotta tell ya, the most remarkable thing is how much your grands have grown since I started following your blog. You mentioned "babysitting" in one post. Don't let them hear you say that!! My two oldest grands remind me that they are "staying over" and I am not "babysitting." LOL! Looks like wonderful times!

Kay said...

This looks like such a fun day with the kids. I love the look of the blurring water in the stream.

Mara said...

Lovely photos and love JJ's posing! And goodness me, how long his hair has become without a curl to be seen! I remember him having all those lovely curls when he was a tiny tot.

As for the sunflowers: love those! We drove past a field of them last year, but they had already finished flowering, so they were quite dull and grey. Yours look fantastic though, even if the owner didn't provide a stepladder (perhaps you could bring your own next year?).

troutbirder said...

As always I enjoyed your photographic skill but.... that trouty looking water had me mesmerized. :)

MARY G said...

What a grand little spot. and what grand grandkids.

Debbie said...

lucky little ones, who are growing like weeds!!! gorgeous captures of the day, you did good with the camera!!

Tabor said...

You are really having fun with a hobby that I love.

Shammickite said...

I like the shots of the fisherman with the flowers in the foreground best.

Ginnie said...

Lovely photographic site and JJ makes it fun !

Jenn Jilks said...

This is so fun!

Mage said...

I really like that last one. I have no idea how to do that, but it's very effective. A couple with the grandson work well too.

A Cuban In London said...

Loved this post. Your JJ is a poser, isn't he? :-) Reminds me of my little ones at that age.

Greetings from London.

Blogoratti said...

Wonderful thoughts indeed, and what delightful photos. Warm greetings!

Silver in AZ said...

so stunning!

Kay G. said...

Looks so lovely and cool.

Vicki Lane said...

I especially like the one with the loosestrife in the foreground.