Sunday, September 06, 2009

On a Glorious Sunday in September ...

... Cuppa and I took the kid for a walk in the park by the Mississippi River (the Mississippi in Eastern Ontario near Ottawa). There is already the beginning of autumn colour, which I find wonderful yet not so wonderful. She forever asks us, "Hold my hand?" and we are not foolish enough to refuse. We hold on to these moment for all we're worth, for these days are fleeting. Sniff.



Looking the other way, toward the river, we see greater changes. One tree on the far bank is already ablaze, while others begin to take on the tint. A small boat floats by in the background. I'm sure that it was a marvellous day to be out on the water. The river widens into a picturesque lake just beyond the bridge.



At the other end of the park, I stop the car and roll down the window. This tree is also an early changer, a harbinger.

12 comments:

Ruth said...

I have seen very little colour change here, but autumn is in the air.

Anonymous said...

You are further north than we are so you have some color, we don't, it is still very green. Won't be long though.
QMM

Kila said...

Your title startled me. Still not used to it being September!

Beautiful photos!

Bernie said...

A/C your photo's are beautiful and I love how smudge loves to hold your hands....she is such a sweetie.
Autumn has arrived here as well and the trees have a hint of their colors changing....oh well it was good while it lasted, now must get past it.....have a great Monday and I hope it included more walks with your lovely family...:-)

Barry said...

Beautiful photos and description of a tender moment. With cool nights and warm days, Fall is clearly in the air here as well.

Only a few trees showing signs of changing colour though.

Lorna said...

"harbinger"---how veddy sophisticated!

Diana said...

Lovely walk AC. And you are right about the fleeting moments, my teen won't even let me hug her anymore (sniff, sniff). Love Di

Ginger said...

Argh! Leaves changing already? Over here we're still in the green, although I noticed there was a bit of yellow creeping into the aspen leaves as I crossed the pass from Seattle last Wednesday.

I love your first photo in this post!

Donna said...

What a SWEET pic of Cuppa and Miss Nick!! I really MISS those moments!! Sami's 14 and Will is 10....Where did the time GO??!!!
Fall...goodness...seems like it was just Spring there...hughugs

Woman in a Window said...

Once those colours begin there's no wasting time. The clock is ticking. Grab up that little hand out out you git! Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

I know September is here and I know it is almost fall.. but somehow I am unable to wrap my head around it all. I haven't seen any trees changing as yet.. but I have seen the geese in V formation. I too love this time of year... but it just feels kind of weird this year after the summer that wasn't.

Your photos are absolutely lovely!

Unseen India Tours said...

Memories are always sweet !!Unseen Rajasthan