Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Checking In and Out

Although I posted yesterday, for the most part, I continue to be an inconsistent and sporadic blogger these days. It's not that I can't think of things to write about; it's just that I can't be bothered to write about them. It would be easy enough just to chronicle my days from sunup till sundown, but that's not the kind of blogging that I prefer to do. Many do, but it's not my cuppa. However, lately, I haven't felt much like thinking and writing either. Also, while I always have a plethora of photos that I could post, I feel that also becomes tiresome for both you and me.

Nevertheless, I felt that I had to check in today to tell you that I will be forced to check out for awhile, for come tomorrow we'll be flying to Vancouver for ten days (twelve if you count travel days). The flight is a rather stunningly magnanimous gift from Althegal and Pufferpoo, our west coast daughter and DIL, respectively. It's in honour of our fortieth anniversary and quite the gift from two poor university students, if you please. We'll also crash on their pullout whilst there, and I anticipate that we'll have a great time with those two zany femmes.

We've been out to the west coast previously, two years ago for almost three weeks. Back then, I blogged about our doings regularly. I even created a separate space on Word Press called Rambling and Roving for the event. I can't imagine that I will be so diligent this time around, especially since I think that in an effort to travel somewhat light, which is something we're not exactly famous for, we're going sans computers. Gulp: I may suffer from withdrawal.

So that explains the title. Essentially, I'm breaking my blogging reticence to tell you that I won't be blogging much for the next few weeks. I know, I'm odd.

This is the trip that caused me to dither about cameras not too long ago. Would we just take Cuppa's P&S, or both her camera and my DSLR, or would I decide to add another photographic device to the family? In the end, I decided on option 1: Cuppa's P&S and nada else. Of course, I could still change my mind ... but I don't think so. We took both cameras last time and got lots of good shots, so I think I'd rather travel lighter and rely on the smaller camera this time around. Also, I'm not sure in what direction I really want to go with regards to cameras, and until I make up my mind, I rather think that it's best to stick with the status quo and not purchase another one.

So, that's it for now. I've checked in, and now I'm checking out. I will leave you with a slideshow of our previous trip, however. To see it larger and better than below, click here. See you all later; perhaps I'll even post a few tidbits from the shores of the Pacific, but I can't be sure.

Oh good grief, I just realized there's 131 photos in the slideshow (insert goofy embarrassed grin), so do feel free to move on to the next blog.

16 comments:

Barry said...

Enjoy BC Anvil. Although I didn't make it through all 131 photos, I got far enough to start envying your journey. It's been over 5 years since I was last in Vancouver and never did make it to Squamish.

I hope you get time to check in a little. Its good to hear from you.

Kila said...

I love photos!

Have a wonderful time on your trip.

Donna said...

The pictures are GORGEOUS Ac!! Keep that camera!!
And have a Wonderful Time!!! See 'ya when you get back!hughugs

Jane said...

Hey I just popped by and you're heading to Vancouver. Have an amazing time. We just spent a week there this summer and loved it.
Congrats to you and Cuppa on your 40th too!
Bon Voyage!

Bernie said...

I'm not sure you could ever top the beautiful photo's you have taken on your previous trip. Such beauty......don't worry about which camera, just enjoy your trip and your daughter and DIL. I so enjoyed viewing your slideshow A/C and I do wish you and cuppa a great time. Will miss both your post but couldn't be happier for you. We are having beautiful record breaking temperatures in Alberta, I so hope you will find it the same way in BC. Stay safe, and as always many hugs to both of you.......:-)

Anonymous said...

A/C I don't know Cuppa's blog. What is it called? Don't worry about your camera, your pics will be great.
QMM

Jinksy said...

Enjoy your holiday from blogging, as well as the other type of holiday... a change and a rest in one go!

Diana said...

Loved your photos AC, I hope you have a wonderful trip, see ya when you get back!
Love Di

Ruth said...

A beautiful slide show. I didn't realize there were palm trees in BC. WE hope to get there next year. Have a great time!

Heather Plett said...

Have a GREAT trip! I love B.C.!

JunieRose2005 said...

Loved seeing the pictures!

Have a great trip!


Junie

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Bon Voyage! Autumn may be in full swing when you get back.

Lorna said...

Do have a wonderful trip. I'll be watching to see if you can resist posting photos---I hope you can't but I know that's selfish.

your batch of photos were beautiful---I even loved the ones where I recognized nothing and no one.

Ginnie said...

All the best wishes for a wonderful trip...you'll have plenty to tell us when you get back.
PS: I can't do the "this is how my day went" type of blog either.

Pearl said...

Tis a lovely gift. 40 years - congrats. Travelling lightly without promises is best. Enjoy the west and the sweet ladies of your life.

ChrisB said...

I so enjoyed the photos. I'm glad you shared them.