It was unusual for us to do our coffee walk — our 4th this summer —on a Sunday, but that is what we did. After the recent hot weather, we decided to enjoy the weather on a slightly more moderate day. It wasn't exactly a cool walk, but at the end of it, near the play structure, we found a very nicely shaded bench, enhanced by a cool breeze.
At the northern end of the park before we make a circuit to Tims and then go around to the south side, we noticed a number of little kids on the pump track. It's usually empty on weekday mornings, but Sunday is a good day for the parents, especially the dads, to take the tykes out when the older, intimidating boys are still abed.
young boy hurtling around the big jump track
young girl just learning on the starter track
father geese watching protectively
looking north-ish to the play structure with the jump track beyond
looking south-ish in the direction that we had come from obtaining our coffees
Almost opposite us was a delightful family with the cutest young boy who waved to us. Sue took her own pictures of the lady with the purple hair. She might be able to use it this week because the prompts will all involve purple in some way.
As we sat there, cyclists passed by on their section of the trail. This is part of the trail that goes a long way north, or south for that matter. Or they can branch off onto another trail that would take them all of the way into Ottawa.
Finally, I post this selfie because I want to showoff my new hat from a spontaneous and whimsical purchase from Tilley. I have several of their hats already, but a nice red one suits both my country and my preferences. It was an unplanned and somewhat frivolous purchase, for Tilley apparel is not inexpensive. To compensate, I will forego my usual summer holiday to the Riviera.








The red hat looks very nice, AC, and it's unfortunate that you will have to forgo that summer vacation in France π. I know the reputation of Tilley hats as one was bought for Patrick several years ago and is his favorite head wear, aside from baseball caps. As of last week, I too own one after finding one in a local thrift store last week which was amazing as it was a perfect fit and a great deal too.
ReplyDeleteThose kids are feeling real tough with their big moves. Love your hats! I thnk it make you look younger than the other styles. Sue always looks younger. Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteHaha. Too bad you’re denying yourself a trip to the Riviera to buy a hat!
ReplyDeleteHah, I've never been to Riviera, Arizona either!
ReplyDeleteThe little girl is taking it quite seriously. I think France is very hot right now so giving up the vacation for the hat is a wise move.
ReplyDeleteThe kids are so cute! Love that they get their time on the track, too. Your bucket hats are perfect, the color suits you.
ReplyDeleteWhen the weather is finally nice, everyone comes out of the woodwork! You got some wonderful slice-of-life photos!
ReplyDeleteLove the hats! It is wonderful to get out and see what's going on in the world and with other people. What a relief that the temperature was cooler! Today we're hitting 88 but then cooling into the 70s. Whew.
ReplyDeleteQuite a sacrifice, forgoing your vacation to the Riviera, but these are important days. You have a nation to support!
ReplyDeleteA very nice post. It's fun to see the kids just being kids.
ReplyDeleteA perfectly shaded bench. that's what you need.
ReplyDeleteI like your hats. That spot looks comfortable in the shade. You took some fun pictures.
ReplyDeleteYour hat is quite nice! I have a frumpier and more disheveled one that is a similar shape but is a milky, medium/dark blue.
ReplyDeleteIs your hat actually Canadian (pure) red? In the photo it looks a bit more “purple-ey” red….. but perhaps that is because of the shade?
The little kid on the jump track looks like he is having a lot of fun! If I had had such a track when I was a kid….. I would probably have been there 24/7….. with lots of skinned knees (and perhaps head) to show for it. π
PipeTobacco
I guess I meant more of a magenta (“purple-ey red” sounds rather ridiculous, I suppose).
ReplyDeletePipeTobacco
You both look good in a hat! I never have, unless it's a Russian babooshka type with a wide, thick brim. The Tilley Emil was wearing was Dad's. I don't look good in IT either. Or any hat. Which is too bad. Sue always looks so classy in hers. -Kate
ReplyDeleteI feel that I haven't been anywhere in weeks. That looks like it was a pleasant day.
ReplyDeleteYour Sunday coffee walk is wonderfully unhurried, and I must say the cheerful red Tilley hat seems a splendid investment
ReplyDeleteLovely photos. Looks like a wonderful time. π
ReplyDeleteNice hat! We too are enjoying a respite from the brutal heat.
ReplyDeleteIt sure looks hot and sunny where you are. Fourteen centigrades and blustery rain here… Love your new hat, pink suits you.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your adventure! Great hats.
ReplyDeleteOh how nice to see you both! You look wonderful to my eye.
ReplyDeleteYou both have a great eye for taking photos. These are delightful!
ReplyDeleteI love how you and Sue spend so many happy times together going for walks and taking fun photos everywhere. You are such a happy, loving couple.
ReplyDeleteNice looking park you can go sit in!
ReplyDeleteLove a picture at the bottom.
ReplyDelete