Keeping it short today. Had coffee with the boys yesterday. Nick had things to say.
The guy on the next table was all-in with technology: ear buds, phone, tablet, and a nifty stand for the tablet. He kept himself occupied for a long time.
Somebody might think that I like taking candid people photos.


I'm not sure what will happen when the rest of my peers finally retire. I don't drink coffee so I'm not sure if I'll be invited to join any boys groups. Perhaps such things will have disappeared entirely as there are a lot of things my generation doesn't do anymore than my parent's generation always did.
ReplyDeleteWe met thru a shared interest in photography. Otherwise, I don't belong to any boy groups.
DeleteWhy would anyone think that? 😄
ReplyDeleteIt's always interesting to watch people. I have to be careful not to be caught staring!
ReplyDeleteHe was so absorbed that I got away with it. and didn't even have to rush my shot. In fact, I was able to take several and then choose my fav.
DeleteYou are vey good at taking candid photos long with other types of photos.
ReplyDeleteNice to have your guy get-together. As we age, these kinds of casual meetups are even more important, I think, to our general well-being.
ReplyDeleteNice shot of your friend, I have to wonder what he was talking about?
ReplyDeleteYou do have to wonder, but he talks a lot, so there’s no way to guess what it was at that point. :)
DeleteMy beloved spouse is way past retirement age but the idea of sitting all day watching tv sounds scary to him. So he works 3 days a week and plays golf one a week, leaving enough free time for the fellows to meet for lunch. The staff in the coffee shop are very patient :)
ReplyDeleteHels
Art and Architecture, mainly
Retirement frightens some. I embraced it around soon as I could.
DeleteNice you had coffee with the boys. I must be the only one who hates the cell phone and what ever else that man is using. Really?
ReplyDeleteI am sitting in the car shop and have been thankful for my tablet while playing sudoku, mostly, and now I am going to catch up a bit on blog reading.
DeleteYou did justice to two good-looking guys.
ReplyDeleteThat guy has no idea what is going on around him. Sad.
ReplyDeleteGreat people shots!!! Gives me motivation to try it. I love capturing people but have gotten away from it lately.
ReplyDeleteGood to stay connected with others besides Sue and family.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos, I love this!
ReplyDeleteI say these speak to the contribution we modern older men make in the world.
ReplyDeleteAlways enjoyable accompanying you!
ReplyDeleteIt's an interesting look at older gentlemen.
ReplyDeleteThe second fella was sure immersed in electronics! I have begun to put my phone on Do not disturb in the afternoons and have been excusing myself from electronics as often as possible.
ReplyDeleteAre you the paparazzi?
ReplyDeleteIt's fun to take candid photos of people. I bet they'd love a copy of them.
ReplyDelete