Monday, June 11, 2018

Swamps and Poppies

I wander about and try to keep my eyes peeled.

I found these Pheasant Backed Mushrooms, which is the name I was told, on a tree by a path in a swamp in a local trail.



Those were taken with a 90mm lens, so I went back a few days later with my 70-200mm lens, but it didn't bring me much closer. I cropped this a lot because it was so bright on either side of the tree. Maybe I need a longer lens. I have close to purchasing one, but I have resisted.



Just to show how swampy it was the first photo below was taken right beside the tree, and the other was taken from close to the same spot but looking at the other side of the path. Yes, the mosquitoes were very active.




Also, while out cycling with Sue, we passed a garden with poppies by the roadside. I seldom see poppies, so I went back that evening for a few shots with the 70-200 lens still on. I was a little late to get the backlight that would have been really nice -- in theory anyway -- but a few are  acceptable. I may also get around to getting back to these but a little earlier in the evening. I don't think they won't last much longer though.




8 comments:

Marie Smith said...

The poppy photos are gorgeous!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Those poppies were a wondeful and colorful find adn personally, I think the later afternoon lighting enhanced them even more.

Tabor said...

Wonderful photos, especially knowing that you were dancing around avoiding the mosquitoes!!

PipeTobacco said...

As always your photographs are beautiful!!! I especially love your ability to capture different depths of field!

I did not get to thank you earlier... when you wrote a bit about your equipment (at my suggestion). It was very interesting and I appreciated it a great deal. I was just too feeling melancholy to comment. I apologize.

PipeTobacco

Joanne Noragon said...

Oriental poppies. Verry difficult to transplant!!

Jenn Jilks said...

I love that, "resist!"
We have poppies blooming merrily!!!
So glad to be home to see them!

Dogman said...

http://magicalchildhood.com/life/2016/07/01/how-to-cook-pheasants-back-or-dryads-saddle-mushrooms/

Edible and delicious!

MARY G said...

Do you ever want to yell "Stay STILL" at a long stemmed flower. One year the daughters gave me a timing camera and I tried to take a series of an amarillys. (?) It went out of the frame both ways through one day.
You have the colour beautifully.
Our mosquitos are some vicious just now.