Saturday, June 23, 2018

Solstice Sunrise ii

On my way home from my solstice sunrise photo shoot, since the sun was still rising, I decided to stop at the park around the corner where there is a little pond. It is officially titled Anthony Curro Park although I always have to look the name up since there is no signage. In fact, it always enters my mind as Arlo Guthrie Park before I search the web for its real name.

I managed to catch a glimmer of rising light in the gap through the trees where the trail begins. Nothing spectacular, but the reflections are good enough, and I like the sort of triangular shape of the trees.




Time to head home with the sun still not quite risen over the horizon.

7 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

I suppose you can name it whatever you want!!! :-)

Country Gal said...

Wonderful photos . In this kind of light the dusk before a sunrise and after sunset I find for me using a ISO of 800 brings in more light . Both post photos are awesome . Love the reflections on the water .It must of been so pretty and peaceful there, well except for the crickets and peepers songs which I love the sound of . Thanks for sharing , have a good weekend .

Shammickite said...

I like these photos, especially the sunlight reflecting on the water.

Joanne Noragon said...

More fun prints for the album. Mighty early to get up, though.

Marie Smith said...

Heaven I figure!

Silver in AZ said...

excellent shot! You always amaze me.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

After looking at the previous post and than this one, AC, I will admit that I liked these results better. perhaps it was that triangulation of the trees or the reflections,,,or maybe just both together. Anyway, I liked the photos and glad you got up to take and share. I believe I was in bed.