Sunday, May 20, 2018

Town Pics

Some recent photos just around town.

Trees line the riverbank at Riverside Park.



I always appreciate this house and property when I chance to drive by and took a nice snowy, Christmas photo a few years ago. In addition to the house itself, I like the fence, blossoming tree, and spring flowers at this time of year.




Near the property (above) I went onto the old railway bridge and took a shot looking downstream toward little Gillies bridge. We have three automobile bridges in town, but this is a small and very lightly used one. The water runs fast here but slows down significantly on the other side of that bridge.



Near Gillies Bridge (in fact you can see the building in the distant left, above)  there is an old and presently unoccupied building. I am not sure of its name or history, and despite its location, it was not a mill (like the building seen on the right, above).



While driving to the coffee shop to meet a friend, I passed by a house with a flowerbed out front and thought it might make a decent picture with the fence in the background, so I pulled over and took a quick shot.


8 comments:

Marie Smith said...

You can almost hear the water in the photo AC. Beautiful area!

Joanne Noragon said...

I used to take a lot of photos around our town, too. I think it's shot up by now. Our river runs wild too, where it makes a turn through town. I marvel that just a few generations back these wonders were understood and men could use them.

Tabor said...

I very much like the angle you got on the red brick house!!

Silver in AZ said...

great photos, as always. That neon pink tulip is to die for!

Mara said...

Love the photos as usual. You always seem to catch the right sight. And your granddaughter may have caught that as well: that photo of Jonathan is brilliant.

Shammickite said...

I like the very pink tulip! And the stone building is an interesting construction.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for taking us all along for a nice walk in the park, John. it was much appreciated when reading this post on a gloomy and rainy day.

Jenn Jilks said...

This is a wonderful town for photo-ops! You do well.