Tuesday, May 01, 2018

She's Growing Up

It didn't strike me at the time, nor did it strike me when I posted this photo a few days ago.



But the incident of the scraped knee just came back into my mind a few moment s ago when I was aimlessly looking out the window.

I realized that she didn't cry.

Why this only struck me days after the event, I cannot say for sure, but I think I had just reminisced about tears from her younger days and then realized the absence or same in this instance.

In my experience adults don't usually cry over a painful mishap. I know that I have had some very painful injuries and conditions, and I never thought to cry. You too, I expect.

But children do cry. It's natural up until a certain age. Then they don't.

A milestone has been reached, and I not even sure when because now that I think upon it, I seem to recall other somewhat recent hurts that haven't produced tears.

She's growing up.

5 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

Indeed, a milestone. Back down the road, even.

Marie Smith said...

She is indeed!

Kay said...

As little girls grow up, it's more emotions that make them cry. I'm seeing that with my granddaughter too. She is certainly growing up beautifully.

Shammickite said...

I haven't grown up yet, I still cry!

Jenn Jilks said...

I cannot believe my daughter will be 39 this year!