Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Mothers

It was Mothers Day, and I had prepared quite a bit, but come the morning I thought I should post something on FB too. I thought of a strip of photos showing my mother, the mother of my children, and the mother of my grandchildren. After a search through my photos, this is what I came up with.

Left to Right: (1) my mother and me, (2) the mother of my children + Shauna,
(3) the mother of my grandchildren + Danica, (4) the mother of my grandchildren + Jonathan

We did all get together in the afternoon with a plan to grab some fries from a chip truck for a late lunch at the park. We set up the chairs, and Danica and I headed out to get fries. There are only two chip trucks open at this time of year. Except for some odd reason neither were open on this gorgeous Mothers Day afternoon. So we scrambled off to the coffee shop for bagels and coffee.

Despite the scramble we eventually had a good sit and natter at the park, and later we did find that the new ice cream vendor at the park was open.

When photos were called for, I looked for a spot with some shade cover because I have more pictures spoiled by bright sunlight, especially dappled sunlight, than I care to count.

We began with Sha and the kids.



Then we added grandma.




Sue always wears sunglasses, except maybe on moonless nights, but every now and then I remember to ask her to remove them. I wish I would always remember.


10 comments:

Marty said...

What a nice way to spend the day instead of some overcrowded restaurant. Lovely pictures, too!

Marie Smith said...

Danica sure resembles her Mom. And she is getting so tall. Beautiful photos!

Tabor said...

Well, that certainly looked like fun!

Hena Tayeb said...

Beautiful pictures.. I love your wife's outfit!

http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

Jenn Jilks said...

I lovely tribute.

Anonymous said...

Mothers are the best in the word who take care of the family always in all the situations.
Nice idea to be with them during the Mothers day:)

Silver in AZ said...

lovely photos!

MARY G said...

Thelastone. Is thebest. Talk about a loving relaationship! With laughter. You are a lucky man, AC. As well as a good photographer. And yeah, flowers do jiggle all over the place. Dancing daffodils. Golden blur.

MARY G said...

On thw iPad. Please forgive lousy typing.

Jim said...

Wonderful pictures, as usual. You have an amazing family.