I have already posted some tulip macros and will repeat some here and add some others, for I am tracking their day-to-day changes.
Day One: not the first day in their lives, but my first photos.
Day Three: the same bud showing quite a bit more colour. This one hit the Explore category on Flickr, so it has had thousands of views — more than 7500 when I checked just now.
Also from Day Three, I really like this shot. It may be my fave of the whole lot.
Day Four: we are finally to some new (to you) photos. (The previous ones, I have posted before.) What an increase in both colour and openness from Day Three.
Day Five: the rate of daily change is slowing, but they are all more open and colourful, quite a deep purple or mauve, almost too much for my taste.
Day Six: now that the tulips were more open hoping to catch some backlight, I decided to turn them toward the window rather than away. Of course, this meant that the flowers were in shadow, so I overexposed by 3 stops. This made the background so bright that I decided to add a gentle sky in post. I think the light is much more dynamic, and the flowers, unintentionally but happily, became less saturated.