Thursday, February 01, 2018

Way Back When in Arizona

My daughter was at a conference in Phoenix last week and then took a few extra days to do some sightseeing with friends. This prompted me to dig into my archives and post some of my Arizona photos on Flickr and Facebook and now here.

In 2006 we took a jeep tour into the Sedona rocks and we had a rockin good time. We impressed Shauna enough that she booked a tour with the same company. This was one of my photos from back then, which I posted on FB on the same day as her excursion.



Then it was off to the Grand Canyon for her, and here is a photo of ours. We were there until the sun was going down, which was good light. Also originally [posted to FB on the day that Sha went to the Grand Canyon.



That was about it for Shauna, but when we went, our next stop was Monument Valley. We splurged on a native-run, personal jeep tour, once again getting later in the day. This photo shows Sue in the bottom left shooting upwards into one of the arches with her camera.



Finally we drove to Canyon de Chelly where we went for a tromp in the desert with another native guide. We enjoyed a little picnic lunch looking across the valley to the White House Ruins.



It was quite a magical little trip all in all.

6 comments:

Silver in AZ said...

Beautiful! Canyon de Chelly is definitely on my to-do list!

Tabor said...

I think if you went back to Sedona these days you would be very disappointed. It is a busy as Central Station with traffic jams and crowds on 4 wheelers up in the mountains. I am glad I was there early before the changes.

Marie Smith said...

Such a beautiful part of the world. Thank you for sharing.

Mage said...

Really magical. Do you think a person who cannot walk far could do all this?

Shammickite said...

Such fantastic landscapes, so different from the area we live in.

Jenn Jilks said...

These are beautiful!
Our next trip is out west to meet a new grandie, I hope.