Friday, October 06, 2017

Doing the Moon Walk

No, there were no fancy steps, but with apologies to MJ, members of the community did the moon walk last night.

That;s right. It was the full moon close to [Canadian] Thanksgiving, and the labyrinth people organized a walk to celebrate the occasion. Unlike the recent Light up the Labyrinth evening, there were no candles and no special music.

Just a walk. Under the full moon.

Except that that rascally moon decided to play peekaboo and pretty much stayed hidden. Nasty old moon. So, it was pretty much a walk in the dark.

Naturally, I took some photos, but I found it difficult. I knew from the Light up the Labyrinth evening that too long of an exposure just made the walkers a faint blur and for the most part wasn't very effective in a photo. I had thought back then that would be a nice effect, but the people pretty well got lost.

So, I wanted to give the people more substance, but the results were so-so. I think that I would need more practice to do it properly, especially since it's really hard to see and adjust the camera in the dark.

For what it's worth, here are a few.

The folks clustered at the starting spot and lingered for awhile in hopes that the moon would appear.



However, the reluctant moon chose not to appear, so after a short introduction and reading, the walk commenced.





When it was all over, or just about, and as we making ready to depart, that capricious, rascally moon did make an appearance, so I switched to my longer lens and squeezed off a few shots. Of course, I couldn't get both the walkers and the moon in the same frame, and the walkers were all but done anyway, so I composited (pasted) the moon into a few photos, just for fun. It's the authentic moon of the evening but enlarged and superimposed on the original photo and in a different spot too.

Call it artistic licence if you will,. Or call it John-Being-Silly if you prefer.



6 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

It's an interesting effect!
Too bad it was cloudy.

Mara said...

I saw that moon this morning. On occasion. When it wasn't hiding behind some severe rain clouds! But when I did see it, it was lovely. In fact, it looked a lot like your moon.

Marie Smith said...

Brilliant what you did, John!

troutbirder said...

A gorgeous "Harvest Moon" here that night but no Michael Jackson moon walkers...:)

Mage said...

Marvelous. I applaud you.

Kay said...

I should have done that with my eclipse photos. Darn!