Sunday, October 01, 2017

Autumns Past

Unlike this site where I may post many photos at once, I usually post only 1 photo per day on Flickr. With autumn approaching or even here in theory but with no colour to speak of yet, I have been posting some photos on autumns past there.

So why not do it here too?

They have likely all been posted on this blog in the past, but why not show them again in a current post. The fact that I still had them in my Flickr queue, sometimes for years, likely means that I never counted them in my best photos, but I still like them, so ...

The first 2 were taken at Larry's in 2013. He is my since deceased brother-in-law. He lived in a beautiful house in a woodsy rural property.

A nook in the kitchen had a skylight with some fallen leaves resting on top.



Outside at Larry's, the trees were still in colour. I added motion blur to this image for a fun effect.




A panorama stitch from Algonquin Park, 2 years ago. We were about a week away from peak colour, but it was still a nice view. I have lost track of how many individual shots went into the stitch.




This was taken near the same spot as above but emphasizing the foreground. I actually haven't posted this to Flickr yet, but I think I will.



From 2 years ago, two red maple leaves on the boardwalk on the trail near us.



The rest of the photos were from last year, 2016. The first 2 of Sue walking in the woods were from our stay at the cottage. They are the same photo, but I added some arty touches to the top version.




Also from the cottage, we see autumn colour on the other side of the old planer mill which was converted into a gazebo or summer room if you will.



The next one was taken on our trip home. At this time of year, we like to take the backroads and stop for photo ops.



On the same trip in a more open area by the Madawaska River.




And a few from our local area just last fall, the first from the Mill of Kintail Conservation area.



From Riverside Park in our town.



Wheelers Maple Sugar Camp.



Finally, of our river from our nearby trail. The water is higher this year, so we wouldn't be able to see most of the rocks in the foreground.



I wonder how autumn will progress this year. So far, there isn't much colour.

12 comments:

Debbie said...

so beautiful, so colorful, the reflections are spectacular. for me, it is the most wonderful time of the year!!!

ps...and those leaves on the skylights, pretty but what a pain, eh????

Silver in AZ said...

Lovely photos!!

Mage said...

But the ;photos from the past are truly excellent. I like that top one of your wife walking deep into the woods.

Jenn Jilks said...

It's really been a dud for colour. Happily I, too, have many archive photos!

MARY G said...

I love the skylight shot. And I am impressed by how you notice and zero in on vignettes.

Tabor said...

Gorgeous. I love how your "addiction" (passion) for this is evolving.

Blogoratti said...

What a stunning array of autumn photos, well taken, each with a story to tell. Greetings!

Mara said...

The top one! As if the leaves are floating on nothing. It reminds me of days past, too long a story now, but the memory is great!

Hena Tayeb said...

Some really great photographs.. beautiful

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

There's nothing "wrong" with reviving past images and speaking for myself I don't mind in the least, John. We also don't have much color yet. I may take a tip from you and post some past colorful images by next week.

Jenn Jilks said...

This is the year for archival photos. The leaves simply aren't cooperating!

Donna said...

Beautiful edits!! Your photos are always great...
Hughugs