Friday, September 29, 2017

Four Years Ago

Sometimes in a miasma of ennui I click on an old photo folder. Which is what happened this morning after waking up too darn early with a stomach ache. This stomach ache thing is happening with some frequency lately, but it's usually mild. This morning, it wasn't. But I shall spare you a blow by blow recounting as it were.

Anyway, with no new photos to fiddle and faddle with and with nothing much else to occupy me, I happen to click back to March 2013 and was quite surprised to find a number of cute photos of the kiddies. Photos which I don't think I had ever edited. It's fun to look back from time to time, but I don't usually expect to find nice shots that I had previously ignored, it usually just being sort of a walk down memory lane.

Taken at Easter and Sue's birthday, JJ had just turned 4 and Danica was about to turn 6.

First, I liked this one of Danica and decided to process it as a black and white. Aside from the conversion to mono, I didn't do a whole lot of editing. For some reason the background was already dark like that although I darkened it a bit more.




I found a series of Jonathan photos that seemed like they belonged together. It's also a b&w with a bit of a split tone coluring applied (as is the case above but that one had less).



Then I found more Danica pictures that I liked. I tried those in monochrome too, but they seemed more suited to colour.




12 comments:

Silver in AZ said...

such beautiful grandchildren and photographs!

Hope your stomach issue settles down soon.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Always nice to find unexpected treasures. I have been spending the better part of this week going through photo CDs and transferring images onto external drives...still so many more to sort through and if I were to work non-stop, it would most likely take nearly a month. Just wondering, John, how and where you store your many photo images.

Debbie said...

sweet faces, revealing her personality!!!

Marie Smith said...

There are hours of entertainment where the grandkids are concerned, even if it only involves photos.

A Cuban In London said...

Beautiful photos! :-)

Greetings from London.

Mara said...

Love the ones of your grandson. It's like a little story. He is hearing something he does not quite agree with, he then goes on to discuss his case and in the last photo is waiting to hear the verdict. That's what I see in them anyway!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Beautiful children- sorry about your stomach issues...I live with ulcers and IBS and it's a misery sometimes.

Ginnie said...

Oh, it's a pleasure to go back there. Time passes so fast but your great photos will always remind all your family of those great years.

Jenn Jilks said...

They are cuties!
You must miss hem.
Sorry about the stomach issues. I'm just achy, planted some bulbs!

MARY G said...

First and last shots are winners. Well, they all are in their own way. It is great luck to have photogenic grandkids and even better luck to have a wizard of a grandfather to make the good shots into spectacular ones.

Donna said...

Sweet shots!
Keep some saltine crackers by the bed and a little water... nibble a cracker, sip some water and go back to sleep. Usually works.
Hughugs

Donna said...

Ps-your spine and neck need alignment. See a chiropractor... the sickness will stop. Happens to me.
Hughugs