Monday, July 10, 2017

The Stage is the Thing

With that nod to Hamlet in the title, I would like to show you a few stage photos from our Celtfest weekend.

First, if I may say so, the weather was problematic. I missed the first act or even act-and-a-half on Friday due to rain, and when I got there, it was muddy in spots, including in front of the stage. Perhaps for that reason, I took more photos of the stage and fewer close-ups of the performers this weekend. The mud remained for the duration of the weekend, and so did intervals of rain.

The band that night was De Temps Antan, a French Canadian band from nearby Quebec. They featured a topnotch fiddler, Andre Brunet.



Friday night brought more rain, which helped to ensure the prolongation of the quagmire on Saturday. I don't bother with daytime photos much anymore, but this is what the stage looked like during Searson's set. Searson is a band featuring two sisters from nearby Eganville.



The last group of the evening was Ecosse, an older group. They were fine but not lively enough for the closing set. They should have been the penultimate group and Searson should have been the ultimate band.



On Sunday, knowing there would be no significant stage lights, I didn't even take my camera. I know that seems odd, but I decided not to tempt myself to take photos which would only disappoint me. As it turned out, the skies opened, and we were soon moved to beat a somewhat hasty retreat to the dryness of home.

6 comments:

Marie Smith said...

We had similar weather here as well. Great photos though!

Mage said...

Those pictures will do nicely, thank you.

Debbie said...

great captures...so many venues around here do not allow pictures!!

troutbirder said...

Regardless of the weather your photos are very good....

Kay said...

This looks like so much fun!

Jenn Jilks said...

Of course, we wait all winter for these, and it rains!