Thursday, July 27, 2017

On Ramsay Concession 7B and Sugar Bush Road

We went on a bit of a rural ramble on Tuesday evening, eventually finding our way along Concession 7B north of Almonte (which I mention in case any local folk chance upon this post).

Of course, I had my eyes peeled (what an odd expression) for potential photos, but I wasn't finding much of interest.

I did stop a couple of times but the results were ordinary. Following are two shots of the road. Not great, but it gives you the feel for the geography. One hopes for some clouds and not blank skies, but it was what it was.




Eventually, we stopped at the little bridge over the Indian River where I spotted some light around the bend along with reflections.



Indian River isn't much more than a creek really, but with the copious amount of recent rainfall, it looked more river-ish on this evening. In the other (more or less west) direction off the bridge, I spotted a little controlled brush burning, which added a little focal point. I left the bridge rails in the photo to act as a sort of frame.



Somehow, we left Conc 7 and found ourselves on Conc 6, which for a short section at least is also called Sugar Bush Road. The reason soon became apparent as we came across the Clarence Fulton Pure Maple Products operation.




This proved to be very near the more well-known Fulton's Pancake House and Sugar Bush, but as far as I can tell from a wee bit of internet sleuthing, it is a separate business and not part of the operation which draws tourists.

Finding Clarence Fulton's place made it seem like a worthwhile drive, not that we wouldn't have enjoyed the ramble regardless.

17 comments:

MARY G said...

That's a lovely drive. And Clarence is, I believe, no longer with us. Good mood shots, although the bridge frame does not really work for me. I do enjoy it when you guys drive and photograph.

Marie Smith said...

You never know what you will find on a rural ramble, AC.

KGMom said...

I love that last photo. Lyrical.

Shammickite said...

You'll have to go back when the sugaring off is in full swing.

Tabor said...

I always have my eye out for good camera shots. It has become an addiction.

Jenn Jilks said...

Hubby was in Almonte yesterday. He had errands!
I bet there are al related. The Fultons say that "John Fulton and his 3 brothers... " All those Scots settled near one another!

Mara said...

That building looks quite ramshackle to me. Although the right part also looks quite new(ish).

Jim said...

One of the many things I miss since my wife passed is those "rambles" we used to take in the evenings. Rambling by oneself doesn't hold much joy. But I do it anyway, then discover I left my camera at the house!
Beautiful reflections off the river. You two enjoy those rambles!!!!! That's so important now!

Ginnie said...

Your eyes (peeled or otherwise) always find beauty in whatever you happen upon. It's a treat to have you share it with us.

Blogoratti said...

A great drive indeed on such a fine day it seems. Lovely thoughts and photos!

Silver in AZ said...

such a beautiful locale!

troutbirder said...

It mostly about the light isn't it. And the composition and... well in any very Well done!!

Hena Tayeb said...

looks like a lovely drive

Vicki Lane said...

The light is beautiful!

Mage said...

I flat out love old falling down buildings. Beautiful color near the roads too.

Kerry said...

This is lovely, and I would like to be there right now. And how did the expression of "eyes peeled" ever come about?

Debbie said...

such a beautiful country area!!!