Wednesday, July 19, 2017

A Little Tour with Brian

Sue's sister, Heather, and brother-in-law, Brain, usually visit for the Celtfest weekend. Before Brian went home, while Heather stayed over to do some workshops, we did manage to find a few hours to tour and shoot some photos.

Our first stop was a last-minute notion, as I detoured to Blakeney Rapids. Brian took a number of shots from the bridge, looking south down the Mississippi. I wouldn't ordinarily have taken this shot since I can be a bit of a stickler for good light in landscape photos, but I relented. It shows the profusion of green on the far bank, especially in this year of very abundant rainfall.



Then we wandered for a bit in the conservation area. We didn't get too far in due to the mud from all of that rain which I just mentioned. But I took a number of shots of Brian, and put some of them into this collage. Brian is an even more avid photographer that I.



I also have this one of some flowers and plants between the rock and the river.



Next, we stopped at the Stone Bridge in Pakenham, which I posted about fairly recently. Since I had been there so recently, I didn't take many shots, but I like this of the daylilies in front of the bridge.



Our main destination was Arnprior for Wes' Fries (see this post for previous description of these yummy fries) and a little ramble in Robert Simpson Park. These two photos are across the Ottawa River, which eventually empties into the St Lawrence River. That's the province of Quebec on the distant bank in both photos.






8 comments:

Marie Smith said...

It is a paradise, AC.

Debbie said...

gorgeous photographs, i learn a lot from other photographers. and i learn so much from viewing their images!!

i think the first was my favorite!!!

Shammickite said...

I like the shot of the stone bridge and the orange day lilies.

Blogoratti said...

What wonderful looking place to visit. Stunning photos indeed.

Hena Tayeb said...

Some great shots!

Jenn Jilks said...

I've been there for the fries, as well as the bridge, of course. Our last realtor took us when we were house hunting. OK, that was 2010. But we were there!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Those last two shots were my favorite in this series, John. You have showed some of Brian's work before and he is indeed an avid photographer.

Mage said...

Just delightful. You do seem to be grabbing all the good moments in your camera.