Thursday, February 02, 2017

Snowblowing

On Monday, for the first time in a while, I went across the street with the kids to wait for the school bus. It was cold but sunny, and there had been a light, fluffy snowfall overnight.

The kids began tossing snow in the air, which looked really attractive with the sun backlighting it. I was disappointed not to have my camera at hand, but conditions were the same on the next morning, so I did some clicking. Gotta make hay while the sun shines because it's been pretty overcast for the most part lately.

I took close to 4 dozen photos. I then kept whittling down the number: first to about a dozen that I liked more than the others; then to about 6, which I will include here. The idea is to come up with one shot that you really like, and, for me, in this shoot it is the final one of the following that is the best.

We began in our own front yard.





I took some more photos across the street while waiting for the bus.


This is my fave from the shoot. It looks great when I fill the whole screen with it. It's a crop as are some of the others. Never be afraid to crop in post processing, for unless you have the time and resources to set up a shoot painstakingly with just the right lens, it's almost a necessity in many cases to crop in post.


11 comments:

Tabor said...

That is my weakness in that I do not crop as tightly as I should. I fall in love with all the scenery and should instead focus on the specific area that attracts the eye. These are very nice.

Marie Smith said...

Beautiful effect, the sun, snow and grandchildren. Perfect all!

Debbie said...

WoW!! it would be hard to pick a favorite from these, all 6 are really beautiful!! so happy to hear you got out, i hope the fresh air felt good!!!

troutbirder said...

Some amazing photos for sure as well as Grands...:)

Mage said...

Favorites. Mine is the second from the top. Here be drama. :)

Country Gal said...

Wonderful photos . I crop and I don't depends on the photo but I mostly use a telephoto zoom so that helps with the farther shots I cant get to to bring up closer especially with wild life . Definitely nice to see the sun shine that's for sure . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

Silver in AZ said...

how fun, and great photos! :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It's simply amazing how much fun both the subjects and the photographer can derive from such a simple task, that is not actually work at all.

Ginnie said...

They are all great AC.

Hilary said...

They turned out great. And I do like the last one best but the one before it looks as if the kidlets are about to be taken up into a spaceship or something in a movie scene. I might have to hire a grandchild for photo props. ;)

MARY G said...

No only is the light on the snow spectacular, the kids' faces are hilarious.
Great story shots. And, yes, I crop. A lot.