Friday, February 10, 2017

Hockey Season Begins to End

We have had a few final hockey events in the past week. Jonathan played in this final game of the regular season, and Danica had her final night at First Shift.

Jonathan's team ended the regular season on a high note, and he scored a goal. It was very quick off a faceoff, so I missed it with the camera. Of course, he still has a tournament to play and up to a month of playoffs.

He scored a goal in this game, and although I missed capturing it, I did get the following two thwarted attempts.



A few days later, Danica went to her final session at First Shift. As it turns out, this will be her final shift as she has discovered that skating and hockey aren't her thing. But I am very proud of her, for she attended her 12 sessions with a good attitude and no whining and complaining.



Meanwhile, thank you for those who read and responded to her guest blog. Next week, I will get her to answer your questions either on that blog here or on a new post. I will let you know which.

7 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

Good for her.
My granddaughter stopped Brownies.
You need to choose activities carefully.
We're babysitting this weekend! Fun and games.

Marie Smith said...

How great for Danica to try hockey. From such experiences we know where our interest lie!

Great job done by your grandson too!

Shammickite said...

I think I mentioned that g'son Isaac skated with First Shift last winter and has been playing hockey this year. It's a great way to learn.

Ginnie said...

Cute pictures of your two hockey players but I don't blame Danica for going in a different direction. Also I enjoyed Danica's blog entry. Maybe she will become a writer or journalist.

Debbie said...

great captures - i am a big fan of ice hockey!!! nice that he scored a goal!!!

Silver in AZ said...

how fun! We have a basketball playoff game for grandson #2 to go to today. :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Better that Danica tried something and than figured out it's not quite her thing. Congrats to Jonathan on his goal. It seems like only yesterday that he was venturing out on the ice.