Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Aladdin

The junior version of our local theatre troupe has recently been performing Aladdin. I made it to the final of 6 performances to take a few shots. As was the case for the mystery theatre shoot, I found a position on the side of the balconey and did my best with two cameras, one for wider angles and one for tighter shots. The light was not easy, particularly when the genie came out, and it was subdued and blue (see last photo).

This ↓ was Aladdin and his monkey friend.


Princess Jasmine ↓


Various other characters and shots.










11 comments:

Shammickite said...

Lots of fun there! Well done to all those young people, it's a great experience to be part of a production on the stage.

Debbie said...

your pictures are excellent, i always loved the aladdin story!!!

Tabor said...

Make-up and costume outdid themselves.

Dale said...

Looks like a great show! I wonder who enjoyed it more .. the kids or the grandparents. Great shots, John, in some pretty challenging lighting. I noticed the actors are mic'd. Is this an amateur group, or professionals? If they're amateurs, they might really appreciate you sharing your photos with them. We actors never get to see ourselves on stage.

Mara said...

First thing I noticed were the funny feet of the monkey. Of course!

I love going to the theater and yet, I hardly ever do. I think they had Peter Pan here this year.

Mage said...

and too, i forgot to ask how you are feeling?

Jenn Jilks said...

Isn't that fun?"!
My sons were in shows, as wellas my daughter, but my actor-turned-financial advisor son wouldn't let me photograph the shows. I only have one official photo, taken by the staff.

Ginnie said...

Wow, that looks like quite a production. They were so lucky to have all the photos you took.

troutbirder said...

They are just brimming with enthusiasm and fun. I love it. :)

Vicki Lane said...

That looks like fun!

Kay said...

This really captures the fun of that theater production.