Friday, January 20, 2017

Time to Sing

After posting quite a lot throughout much of December and January, you may not have noticed my recent absence, but there has been one for just over a week. In point of fact, even my last two posts only made it online because were pre-posted, and I sure haven't been commenting.

I'd best not get into a blow-by-blow account, but I will share a few photos, which, I know, is terribly unique.

In our shopworn and somewhat dilapidated ER waiting room, it was pleasant to notice that a few people had made an effort to cheer up the place by painting some ceiling tiles.

Kind of a nice touch, eh?

But when I spent a few hours in a care room, mostly receiving from IV hydration ...


... this is what I saw right above my head.


A sort of creepy picture of a beady-eyed dove, which looked more like a vengeful crow, making it's way to heaven (I guess).

Now, I don't know about you, but I didn't find a beady-eyed bird indicating a passage to eternity to be exactly soul-lifting. Shudder,

Now that my mini crisis is fading into the mists, it seems appropriate to post this half-page from my SiL's journal.


"Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats." (Voltaire)

Thankfully, I am humming again, and that's close enough.

Some of the other quotes.

“The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn.” (David Russell)

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope."  (Martin Luther King, Jr.)

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."  (Vince Lombardi

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." (Coco Chanel)

It also seems an appropriate thought for this rather grim political day in the USA. Everybody sing now. Come on, louder. Put yer 'arts into it, me mateys.

(Please forgive me for not commenting very much for a few more days.)

16 comments:

Marie Smith said...

The bird and the light in the distance is poorly placed for sure. Glad you are on the mend, AC.

Tabor said...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...so that art was questionably placed. I am glad you health crisis was minor and hopefully you are home and back taking photos. Good quotes and so important today. The few bloggers I read that are happy about today's activities are not posting much anymore. I wonder why?

Mara said...

Love the ceiling tiles, but the one above your head could have used a bit more thought. And colour for that matter.

Hope you're doing okay!

Debbie said...

i hope you are hydrated and feeling better. i rather like the ceiling tiles, they have similar ones where i have to go regularly for MS treatments. they cheer me up.

no t.v. or Facebook for me today - i am respectful of today, the changing of the guards so to speak, but i am always disgraced by the hoopla and money spent on this day. no matter the president, i think it is unnecessary!!!

Country Gal said...

Lovely art work regardless though . I hope you are ok and get better . Thanks for sharing , take it easy and have a good weekend !

MARY G said...

Oh dear! Hope you are soon better. Great weekend to cocoon.

Melodee said...

Oh no! Are you okay? Take care!

Ginnie said...

Getting hydrated? That does not sound pleasant John and I pray that you will be completely back to norm soon. Of course you would be interested in the surroundings and at least it gave you something to concentrate on. Sending good vibes.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sending our best wishes that you are home and feeling well-hydrated, John. I must confess that the ceiling scene was rather creepy.

Mage said...

I'm so sorry you ended up in the ER. At least you had someone to record you in situ. Tiles too. We are glad you are back and recovering. I appreciate any uttering. :)

Vicki Lane said...

Love the tiles -- maybe not the placement of the creepy bird -- and hope you won't have to go to such drastic means again to find something to post about. Hoping the crisis is past -- alas, our crisis in the States is just getting underway.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your health emergency but glad you are recovering. Hope you continue to feel better and that you are being properly spoiled by the CP gang.

Kay said...

Good gracious! I have to go away for a few weeks, that come back to find this. I sure hope you feel better soon. I'm still not sure what happened.

Jenn Jilks said...

OMG. You are a good man with a great sense of humour! Our ER has cieling tiles, too. They posted great signage forbidding us from taking photos. Like that stopped me!

Black Min said...

Free ringtones for everyone.
Unique ringtone. Ringtones are attractive. Ringtones have nice melodies. Ringtones fun. Latest ringtone 2018. Do you have your favorite ringtone on your mobile phone? Want to change the ringtone? You can view my homepage for more references and search for other ringtones and leave a review for me here: https://bestringtonesfree.net/

This is the hottest ringtone in 2018, you can install by following the instructions:

dil diyan gallan ringtone - bestringtonesfree
Ipl ringtone - bestringtonesfree
Nokia ringtone - bestringtonesfree
Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan ringtone - bestringtonesfree
Bahubali 2 ringtone - bestringtonefree

Your phone needs a new ringtone. We really need your comment to change the best ringtone. Wish you have the best ringtone. Thanks for care!

Sophie Grace said...

I’m really glad I’ve found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and net and this is actually annoying. A good web site with exciting content, that’s what I need. We also provide a site insta stalker about instagram.