Monday, December 12, 2016

The Prints

Yesterday, I showed the venue for my first public hanging ... so to speak ... and said that I would post the images later. So here are the ones that Sue and I decided to print and display. To repeat: we chose to limit ourselves to prints from around our town — Carleton Place. (Sue played an extremely important part in the process figuring out the logistics of how to package and present the product. I may write more about this at a later date.)

The first two are from our local park, Riverside: a winter shot followed by an autumn photo.



This is a summer evening in the park.


Our town hall from the bridge one early morning.


The next photo was also shot from the bridge early one morning and looks downriver toward the east. It features the former Boulton Brown Mill, which is now an apartment building.


If you squint, you might see a railway bridge in the distance of the above photo. When we first moved here, trains still used it, but they have been gone now for a number of years. One summer evening, I went onto that bridge and shot looking back upriver toward the mill and town hall.


One winter day, from behind town hall, I shot across the misty falls toward St James Church.


Have you noticed that our river, plays into each photo, sometimes prominently and sometimes barely present as in the first two photos? The next photo is of a sunrise but farther down the river on the eastern side of town. It is from my neighbourhood trail that I walk frequently. It may be the best of the lot but is less recognizable to many locals due to its location.


Finally, I slipped in a photo that isn't related to the town, but I just like it. It's the Milky Way as seen from the cottage, near Bancroft.


Whether I ever sell a photo or whether I don't, it has been fun and instructive to put this package together. Printing tends to be neglected in this digital age, but you really can't beat a print hanging on a wall.


11 comments:

Mara said...

Well, it's certainly a great collection! They are all gorgeous!

Mage said...

Wonderful stuff. I really like your work. Bravo.

Kathleen's Blog said...

Wow---spectacular!!!

Silver in AZ said...

If you don't sell, it's because there are dummies in your town! :)

Marie Smith said...

So agree. Prints are the best! These are gorgeous. Hope you sell lots!

Donna said...

Oh Ac, you are truly blessed to live in such a beautiful place...the photos are beautiful...
hughugs

Jim said...

Wonderful photos once again. I hope you sell a million of them! LOL!

Vicki Lane said...

These are wonderful! It's hard to choose a favorite bu mine might be the big curved tree.

Jenn Jilks said...

You are right, they belong in print. We'd have to trade something, though! We have so many walls filled with fun!

Kay said...

Wow! So gorgeous. I especially love the summer evening photo with the big tree in front and the river. You are such a excellent photographer with a very artistic eye for beauty and composition.

MARY G said...

Impressive. Most impressive! I wonder if some of these will now become Christmas gifts. The recipients would be lucky.
Pretty impressed with the cookies too.