Sunday, October 02, 2016

The Clay Girl Unveiled

We are at the cottage, and this has been pre-posted since internet service is poor here due to hills being in the way of the nearest transmitter. Cell coverage is available, but we don't have a proper phone, so we don't have much of a plan and, therefore, we limit ourselves.

We're here for two reasons. For one thing, this is our favourite time of year in cottage country with the insects all but gone and the trees changing colour. And for another thing, we are closer to Uxbridge where there will be a party for Heather's book launch.

I have nattered on about the Clay Girl before, and I will likely do so again, but the book is appearing in bookstores, and I have my Kindle edition. The rollout has been somewhat scattered and perplexing as the official release date is not until next week, but some people got their copies in August. I have the Kindle version, but my paper version hasn't even been shipped yet although it has for others. Odd indeed.

I have reread the novel via a publishers copy, and I will try to post a review of sorts at a later time, but I thought I would just leave you with some photos of the book on the shelves in our nearest bookstore, Mill Street Books in nearby Almonte. Our larger town doesn't have a bookstore although it once had two. It's a tough go for small bookstores these days.

Meanwhile, we hope to have a few enjoyable days here and perhaps bring home a nice autumn photo or three.






8 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I will get a paper copy! I look forward to reading it.

TexWisGirl said...

enjoy your autumn time at the cottage!

Shammickite said...

Ha... I'm just 15 min from the fabulous little town of Uxbridge!
The book shop in Uxbridge is lovely. We had a great book shop in my small town for many years but sadly, no more.
Congratulations on your daughter being a published author, well done! I hope our library will buy a copy of her book.

Mage said...

How wonderful a spot you are in, and thanks for the plug for the book. :)

Silver in AZ said...

sounds like a fun sojourn! :)

Donna said...

I'll look for it here!
hughugs

troutbirder said...

My favorite inside places.... book stores and libraries. :)

Jenn Jilks said...

Ah! I've so tried to sell my book, :-( 200 left