Thursday, October 13, 2016

Lower Faraday and Matawatchan

It was time to leave the cottage, and you'd think I'd be done with blogs and photos, but my name is John, and when I have done, then I have not done, for I have more. Perhaps, I should be called John Undonne.

We always take the long way home; we just want to take our time, enjoy the scenery, and take a few photos if possible.

As is the case with the Glen Alda Road (previous post), we travel along Lower Faraday Road every year. And I suppose that I stop in the same spots each time and take the same photos. But how could I resist taking them one more time?




But last year, we discovered a different route, turning at Griffith and more or less following the Madawaska River. This year, I stopped at the same spot as last year along the Matawatchan Road.

Sue waits patiently by the roadside whilst I do my thing. So beautiful.


Another view of the road from the other direction.


And ... a few final photos.


For once, there was a wee bit of sky colour. Most of our days were nothing but blank skies. Oh well.



So, that's it. John has done, for he has no more ... until next year ... hopefully.

11 comments:

Kathleen's Blog said...

OMG!!!!!

I would buy a book of your photos in a heart-beat. Seriously, you have a wonderful eye, and are so lucky to live in such a beautiful area. These photos are simply perfect...can't even imagine being there in person.

Marie Smith said...

Just gorgeous! No wonder you take your time going home!.

TexWisGirl said...

just gorgeous. several perfect picture puzzle shots at the end. smiled at your comment about sue. she is a beauty!

(i'm going to link you as i see several fences here!)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Why take the short way when the longer way provides such beauty and you can capture it for us, John. And, there is no such thing as TOO photos of beautiful scenes. You may have seen more color than we have here now in NH. Reflections are a favorite subject of mine and yours are wel done. Glad that Sue is so patient in letting you capture these images to share.

Breathtaking said...

Hello!:) Breathtaking images taken on your way home. The colours and reflections are so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing.

Linda Kay said...

Beautiful photos. We don't get all that color in Texas, and certainly not yet, with the temps still in the 80-90 category!

Silver in AZ said...

It would be pretty darned hard for me to leave an area as gorgeous as that.

You take breathtaking photos, I might add. It's a joy to see what new you've captured. :)

Mage said...

Simply stunningly beautiful. Why do you only go once a year?

Ruth Kelly said...

Your reflection shots are magnificent and I enjoy your sense of humor.

Ida said...

What a beautiful drive. The fences were nice but I must say the colorful trees stole the show for me. Awesome!

Jenn Jilks said...

We travel the same roads!!!