The 'town' was Allan's Mills, and the old mill still stands more than a century later: Allan's Mill on Allans Mill road, there being no apostrophe on the road. The population of the community itself is estimated to have been from 50 - 75 people, but aside from the mill, the derelict general store and one house, there is little evidence remaining.
According to this website, William Adam was born in Ontario in 1833 and by 1872 had built the mill, his house and opened a post office.However, by 1892, the mill wasn't prospering although the post office kept operating until 1914. Judging by the condition of the Coca Cola sign, the store must have remained in operation for some time.
|The mill from the north side with the general store further down on the right.|
|From the south, looking north.|
The former post office, general store and blacksmith shop, all in one rambling building.
Allan's original, fine home remains inhabited.
Adjacent to the mill on the south side, some old wall remains and what is apparently a studio,
There are some sculptures around the premises, including inside the walled courtyard.