1. Winter is finally here, even if it has only been so for a week. Last Monday we were still green although we were experiencing freezing rain on that day. Then we had a major storm Monday night and through Tuesday. Since then it has snowed a few more times, so much so that it is hard to believe that it was green such a short while ago. With the depth of the snow, it rather looks like we have been locked into winter for a month.
2. Today it is -20C/-2F and with wind chill it feels like -30C/-22F. But I bundled up and went for my after-school-bus walk anyway. With my layers, I was actually too hot by the time I got back home, but I needed them while I was stationary waiting for the bus.
3. With the sun on snow and the nice crisp air, it was rather wonderful out although aside from warming up a little too much, my face got a might chilly when I was walking into the wind in the early stages of my outing.
4. We went to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens yesterday. What with the double purchase of 5 tickets (remember the cancellation on the snow day?) and snacks and post movie visit to the cafe, it was pretty much a $200 outing. But we split the cost with Shauna, so it wasn't too onerous a blow.
5. It makes one think that pre booking tickets too far in advance in Canada in winter is not the best of ideas. Even yesterdays trip into the city had me a little uptight due to blowing snow drifting across the roads.
6. The Force Awakens reminded me very much of the original Star Wars, which isn't a bad thing. You'll know what I mean if you see it.
7. IMO you should see it. Good entertainment.
8. We watched in 3D. I don't think it improved the experience much if at all, but I had no problem with it either.
9. We (as in Sue) has most of the Christmas decorations down, but we enjoy them while they last.
10. I often wish there was less food and treats over the hols. The eating starts too early and lasts too long, and I can't help myself. I do feel better about myself when it stops ... or I stop, to be more precise.