Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas

It's Christmas Eve. I guess, over the years, it has become acceptable to refer to the whole day before Christmas Day as Christmas Eve, so I have joined the throngs even though I always want to say Christmas Eve Day. lol

Of course, I wish you a Merry Christmas although I know that this will not likely be read until after Christmas, if then.

We have a New England Village on top of the china cabinet. It's my favourite of the season. So I took a photo and composited it with another photo of mine — stars. It seems like a suitable photo for Christmas Eve and like a suitable facsimile for a Christmas card to you. (You might want to click to see these photos a little bit larger.)


In another version I have added a message. This is the version that I sent with my Christmas Cards, which this year, took the form of emails.


Sometime after I took that photo, we added a neat little gizmo that I feature in the next photo. It's a light bulb that plugs into an regular light socket, but the surface is prismatic, and a little thingamabobie twirls inside. It spins and casts red and green lighting.


I exposed the above photo at .3 seconds to get a bit of a light trail effect. As you can see, the thingamabobie makes for a nice showing in keeping with the season.

Enjoy your holiday one and all.

14 comments:

ADRIAN said...

Merry Christmas to you John.

Marie Smith said...

Merry Christmas! Love the special effects!

EG CameraGirl said...

All three versions are well done, AC! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Shammickite said...

Ahhh... it`s all lovely.
I shall be by myself for Christmas Eve, well, not totally alone, I will be doggysitting TessaDog until Boxing Day!
Happy Christmas to you and your family and all the best for blogging in 2016!

Linda Kay said...

Very nice. They are so pretty. Have a blessed Christmas

MARY G said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

TexWisGirl said...

how pretty. merry christmas to you and yours!

Jackie said...

Christmas Eve (6 PM EST)
Wishing you and yours a beautiful and wondrous Christmas.
Sending hugs to you all.
Jackie

Donna said...

They All say Christmas!
Merry Christmas Ac to you and the family!!
hughugs

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Our best wishes to you and your family, John, for a very joyous holiday season.
Thanks for sharing your famiky with all of us fellow bloggers. It seems we already know everyone and so it's wonderful to say to all...Merry Christmas to all and a very Happy New Year too. And, I liked the village with the starry background better than the prism lights.

Lorna said...

I have actually seen that scene in person. It<s lovely

Mara said...

A merry Christmas to you and your family as well.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Happy Holidays- I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Vicki Lane said...

Lovely effects!