- Our first daughter, Shauna, was born on the 20th and came home on Christmas Day.
- My maternal grandfather was born on Christmas Day, 1879.
- He got married on Dec 24 1913
- His wife, my maternal grandmother, died on Dec 21 1949.
- His parents married on Christmas Day, 1871.
- His wife's (my maternal grandmother) parents were married on Dec 31 1872
- Her mother died on Dec 26 1908
- On the other side of the family, my wife's, Sue's, mother died on Dec 26 1992
- Edit: Well that was stupid. I forgot that my own parents were married on Dec 12 1936
So a number of December births, deaths and marriages, both the good and the bad. Despite the bad, we remain a family that rather likes December and Christmas.