Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Summer Hols: Day 2 Report

On Day 2 of their summer holidays, we took the kids for the afternoon. Once again, pool time was the main activity, but first we visited one of the many local chip trucks for a healthy lunch.


There is a waiting bench that the kids have been playing on for years now. I'm not sure why Danica was holding her nose.

Then, it was off to the neighbour's' pool. I had my shutter set to a higher 
speed than on the previous day, so the action shots were sharper.




Danica watches in amazement as JJ and his twin both jump in.


The Joyful Gulp

The Monster from the Deep
For whatever reason, they find it a great thrill to climb aboard my back and almost drown me.

We, or rather I, had great fun that day. The sun was out and I wasn't miserably cold, so I played better with the kids. We had a blast. It's a long video — more than 4 minutes — so don't feel obliged.



After the swim, Danica cajoled me into taking this video with my iPad, which did a reasonable job, especially since I am not too fussy about video quality. She explained how her security system worked. She is really quite taken with this gizmo.



So ... our two day beginning-of-summer stint is done. We will have several weeks with them in August, but it will be hit or miss with them until then. I am sure there will be some hits though.

9 comments:

Tabor said...

With the grands it is like famine and then then the feast. Exhaustion and pleasurable memories follow.

ADRIAN said...

Neat bit of editing. Unless you have a twin.

Mara said...

Oh, the chip truck! I would love a real Dutch portion of chips right now. With mayonaise of course.

Mara said...

Oh, the chip truck! I would love a real Dutch portion of chips right now. With mayonaise of course.

MARY G said...

Wonderful grandfather shots. And I love the doubled ones. The upside of wet weather is time to play on the computer.
How is your back after being used as a life raft by two muscular kids?

Vicki Lane said...

A lovely family!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

While the time with the grands can be exhausting (at times) it also clearly is very rewarding for all of you. Enjoyed sharing the First Day of Summer Holidays, both parts.

EG CameraGirl said...

Nice to have a pool so handy! I can see the kids love it there!

Donna said...

Hard to believe you were deep in snow not too long ago!
Wow...I've never seen such an alarm! The kiddos are getting so big! Growing up fast...
hughugs