Saturday, December 14, 2013

In the Non-Existant Country Depot

I am afraid that you are in for yet another Meandering Around post.

When we headed up to the Country Depot in Almonte (pronounced Almont) to purchase a few, almost final, Christmas gifts, I took my camera along. Snapping pictures would give me something to do whilst my beloved searched for perfect gifts.

Actually, it's no longer officially named Country Depot but Tru Country and Garden, but it will forever be Country Depot if you know what I mean. And it's not really in Almonte because, technically, Almonte no longer exists and is part of Mississippi Mills. However, Almonte will always exist, even though it is no longer a legal entity,

They celebrate Christmas well in this store. Their special night was very special according to my wife and daughter. They served wine and I don't know what all. This day we stumbled upon another special seasonal day. There were sales and snacks and this merry organist playing right at the doorway. The photo is poor because I hadn't properly set up the camera yet, but that doesn't really matter.


It really is a unique store. On one hand it's a farm supply store, but it also carries all sorts of interesting items such as jewellery and ladies apparel. Ladies have been known to lose their heads over some of the scarves.


But the place was well festooned for the season and that's what the rest of the photos are about.






I think this was my favourite decoration of the day.


So, that was our trip to the Country Depot in Almonte, two places that no longer legally exist. But they really do exist in our hearts and lexicon.

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

looks like a very cool store. the only place we have even remotely like it is tractor supply. they carry clothing, feed, yard art, etc. but they don't have an organist, for sure. :)

Regenia said...

I totally enjoyed the pictures on this post and the previous one. Fun to go along on your jaunts!

Donna said...

Looks like a fun little store to shop in! And...I'm SO glad I don't wear scarves!Hahaaa
hughugs

Lorna said...

Guess which non-existent store in which non-existent town Dave is taking me to. I hope.

Gina said...

I'm somewhat partial to the bear, for some reason.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

If you believe it will always be the Country Depot, then it will be regardless of what others may call the place. Some really nice holiday and seasonal decos there.

MARY G said...

I did not know this shop existed! Must go. Thanks for the tip, and the pics are lots of fun.
Of course it is Almonte - Mississippi Mills is a nothing.