Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hug break


This is the second week that we have been completely kid-less. The parents drop them with a caregiver across the street in time for the morning bus and pick them up before supper. From my window, I can check on them from time to time, and I can even snap a picture from my window.

Yesterday morning, I decided that I needed to have a little kid-time, so I went out to visit with them for a few minutes before the bus arrived. They was all over me, hugging my leg and wondering why I can't take them to the bus stop anymore. It was very heart-warming, I can tell you. Absence sometimes does make the heart grow fonder.

We will get back on part-time kid-duty next month after Thanksgiving, but we are enjoying a little break right now. It is more of a break than a vacation so far because we have both (but Sue especially) been down with the first virus of the season. It sure didn't take long. We caught it from the kids sometime during their first week back when we were still minding them before and after school.

4 comments:

Pearl said...

bah, flu season already. get well soon.

Regenia said...

I would have to go for a little"booster" hug also. Wishing you both a quick recovery.

Donna said...

Oh my, hope she is feeling better by now!
Cute shot of the babies...
hughugs

Jimmie Earl said...

I have been on vacation, so was a little (or more than a little) behind on my blog catch-up. Nice pictures!
I have a new Canon Rebel (well, slightly used since my photographer daughter just updated her equipment and I purchased her old one) and I am learning. You do such nice work! Lovely pictures of your family. Your wife,daughter and granddaughter all look so much alike!