Thursday, September 05, 2013

Early Morning Cottage Photos

After getting Danica back to school, I think I shall post some more cottage photos.I managed to rise early on a few mornings, so let's concentrate on sunrise/early morning shots for this post.

On the very first morning, I headed to the river (on the property) to face the dawn's early light.


On the last day, I got in the car and drove to Chandos Lake, about 10-15 minutes from the cottage. The view was much much better there.


On the way back to the cottage from Chandos, I had to stop on the road to snap a few pictures, of which this was one -- with two crows adding a point of interest in addition to the light.


Back on cottage property, it was still before 7AM and the light was rather special, especially with a bit of mist in places.



The first and last mornings were my earliest, but I did get some early pictures on other days too.

This was the sight almost out the back door one morning.


Taken on yet another morning, this is the gateway from the homestead area into the more or less cleared area (as opposed to the many, many acres of forest) around the cottage.


These photos represent the upside of being a poor sleeper.

16 comments:

Hilary said...

What a beautiful spot. I love the photo of the crows. .that's just magical.

Where is your cottage in relation to Chandos? I realize that it can't be terribly far from our new place. Apsley is about a half hour from Bancroft and we're about 25 minutes north of that near Maynooth.

troutbirder said...

Wonderful photos AC. It's all about the light isn't it...?

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The first early morning shot gets my vote today. It seems the bird gets the worm, but the photographer gets the shot when both arise early.

Lorna said...

gorgeous yet pastoral.

Mary said...

Love them all. Thanks so much for sharing.

Mary said...

These are really, really beautiful. Makes me think I should get up nice and early the next time I'm up at the farm.

The light is gorgeous.

Dogman said...

Beautiful pics, AC!

Donna said...

Beautiful!!
Early morning light is special...also loving the birds in the road!
hughugs

Regenia said...

I have been a poor sleeper my entire life. However, I have no talent so my sleeplessness gives me no beauty like these pictures to share with others. I do espcially like the one of teh crows in the road.

Jackie said...

The light is wonderfully captured.
Beautiful!
Congratulations on POTW.

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Found you through Hilary's Smitten Image. Love your work!

TexWisGirl said...

so gorgeous and so peaceful! congrats on your POTW!

Lynne with an e said...

Gorgeous scenery, magical shots. Early morning is not a scene I often experience in my own life so am grateful to witness it here through your eyes.

Kerry said...

Beautiful! I like that golden back-lit feeling. And the crows.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these. I almost feel like I was there.

Veronica Roth said...

I love waking early too. You must have been thrilled to find this beautiful light, Lovely. :)