This is her recipe that I share. I will strip her instructions to me down to the basic recipe, but, just for a slightly befume, there are notes on what bowls and implements to use.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Wet bowl: In the larger bowl, mix 1 cup of oatmeal with 1 cup of plain yoghurt. Set aside.
- Dry bowl: Add 1 cup of loosely levelled flour. Add and mix rounded ¼ cup of bran.
- Dry bowl: Add 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp baking powder. Mix well and set aside.
- Wet bowl: Add and mix thoroughly in order: 1/4 cup oil, 1 egg, 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed).
- Combine 2 bowls dry to wet. Mix but don't over-mix.
- Sprinkle and mix in 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts and 1/4 cup of blueberries (or dried cranberries or raisins).
- Distribute mix to 1 dozen muffin cups, about two large spoonfuls each.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove muffins from baking tin and set on rack to cool, covered with a cloth.
|The two bowls combined with walnuts and blueberries added|
|Ready for the oven|
|Ready to eat: one with blueberry jam, one with just butter|