Thursday, April 19, 2012

Five Years Old

Those of you who have been here for a long time will remember Nikki Dee's arrival and early years. How could anyone forget, for I posted pictures almost daily hourly? I was besotted with her then, and I am besotted with her now. She's a special one. Today, the little one whom we used to call Smudge celebrates her fifth birthday. She remains a joy in my life. Just this morning, I went over feeling sick and grumpy, but after I took her to the bus stop, I came home happier because her joy for life lifted me.

Nikki Dee at Five
This is a pretty recent picture of my five-year-old.

Now, let's step back through time.


Just Born
Shortly after birth


First Birthday
One year old


Second Birthday
Two years old


Third Birthday
Three years old


Fourth Birthday Card
Four years old


Nikki Dee at Five
Taken last Sunday at her first birthday party — the one for adults. There will be a family supper tonight and a kids party on the weekend. Sheesh!

12 comments:

Donna said...

Happy 5th Birthday Miss Nikki!!!
Love all the photos Ac... She sure is growing up Fast!
Hughugs

RVVagabond said...

Happy Birthday to Nikki Dee. Your black and white photo is precious but the last one made me laugh! Grandkids not only keep you on your toes, they can astound you with their astuteness. They can make you feel young, or as old as Methuselah, but life is never boring with them.

Mara said...

She is getting cuter by the year and that last photo is hilarious! It's like she saw a spider on the tip of her nose.

Happy birthday! And congratulations to parents and grandparents!

Diana said...

She's just beautiful A.C. Happiest of Birthday's to her always.
Love Di ♥

Lorna said...

WONDERFUL series of photos John. Hope she has a happy birthday

Ruth said...

Lovely little girl! Lovely memories.

Ginnie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY lucky little Nikki Dee. You are so fortunate to have such wonderful grandparents and to have it all chronicled in photos is something you will cherish for the rest of your life.
She's GORGEOUS, AC.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Wishing your sweet granddaughter, Nikki Dee, a very happy 5th birthday, AC. We also have a 5 year old (grandson) in our family and it's a fun age. My favorite photo today was ND at 4...loved the hat! Imagine that you are besotted...never could have guessed!

Regenia said...

As I've said before, she is a beautiful little girl. I particularly love the three year old picture where she is wearing a man's hat. That should be in a photography book somewhere!

Hilary said...

Happy Birthday to your little sweetie.

MARY G said...

Photos to treasure - and a grand daughter to treasure as well. I love her joy in her cake(s) - and the family one is a piece of art! As is the three year old shot.
Is that a new skipping rope - hope you are up to one half of double dutch. (or your DIL is not as cruel as my daughter).

Jinksy said...

Aaaahhhh!♥