Friday, April 20, 2012

Birthday Celebrations

Last weekend, we had a party for the adults in Nikki Dee's life. Then on Thursday, her actual birthday, I picked her up from school at lunch time. We had a hot dog and fries at the chip truck before enjoying ice cream cones. For supper, her parents ordered pizza, and put a candle in cupcakes, so we could all sing again and watch her blow it out more than once.

Celebrations will continue on Saturday with the real fun — a kids party. Amma and Buppa plan to stay away, but we will contribute in our own way by taking both kids in the morning while Mom and Dad prepare the house for the invasion.

The first four are from the family party.





The next lot is from her actual birthday, taken while they were playing outside the ice cream place. Cuppa will likely have more photos later. I didn't have my camera out for much of the time.




Finally, a few shots from blowing out the cupcake candle.





13 comments:

Shrinky said...

Ha, the pure joy in those expressions (oh, to be five years old again)! Priceless.

KGMom said...

I detect in Nikki Dee's face a kind of resolute fierceness and determination. On her brother's face, more dreaminess. Not sure if that is their actual personality difference--but the looks seem to suggest that.

Lorna said...

The sepia photo is amazing

Kila said...

Wow, I remember when she was born! Happy Birthday, Princess!

Diana said...

A birthday to remember for N.D. to be sure! I really liked the B&W photo with her holding the stick.
My camera is not good but Sarah will be here next weekend and I am going to try your photo taking technique on her. We'll see!
Love Di ♥

Regenia said...

Love the princess crown! And I love the picture of little brother helping her blow out her candles. Two sets of puffed out little cheeks, too cute.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

AC, now that we have celebrated with candles, cakes, and clicks..can you pass the cupcakes please. Wonderful to celebrate a 5th birthday....our best to Nikki Dee!

Pearl said...

she's a lucky little girl.

Ginnie said...

What more can I say ... they are both ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE !!

Hilary said...

Both so sweet. How wonderful for them and for you to have one another so nearby to enjoy. That's a gift.

Dimple said...

The heart of a grandpa. Wonderful portraits!

Donna said...

"had to blow it out More than once..."Hahahaaa...I remember those moments!!
LOVE the black & white shot!!! Well, I love them All, but that one grabs you!
Also, thanks for the blogger advice...I think I tried that and my cursor would NOT click to where I needed it! Ugggg...
Happy Tuesday!
hughugs

Mary said...

I love the 'open mouth excited face' for both the cake and cupcake candle extinguishing! My absolute favourite is the third from the bottom. It's absolutely adorable.