Monday, November 01, 2010

Fiddling Away the Afternoon

For some reason or other, the other day I got all caught up with watching and listening to fiddling on YouTube. I thought I'd share some of my "likes" with you. If you aren't in the mood for that much, check out the last one with Andre Rieu and an Irish fiddler, from The Dubliners (I believe it said in one place). Love this stuff. Wish I could do it.

The first pair are a brother and sister from Victoria, Canada. The second group is from Boston, but they play a lot of Cape Breton music. It's amazing how this music gets around and transcends borders. The third is Emily Brandenburg, but I can't find any further information. Gotta love her onstage persona and presence tough. The fourth, you already know about.







11 comments:

Diana said...

The first thing that I thought was that girl was moving her arms too much! The all the music was good AC!
I love all different forms of music. Fiddling is very happy music to listen to! Love Di ♥

Jinksy said...

I rather fancied the Penny Whistle in the last video - obviously! LOL :)

Mara said...

I always get a bit creeped out when I see André Rieu. His face and hair just don't do it for me. And he's Dutch as well! Like his music though, he really has brought classical music to the masses and now the fiddling...

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice wat to fiddle (sorry) away an afternoon, AC. Enjoyed the Halloween costumes through the years for Nikki Dee and Zach - very cute critters. Sorry we do not live closer (10 aways distance) to our grandson to share in these fun times. You and Cuppa are very lucky!

Lorna said...

Listened to them all; liked the first and last best. This was a good way to kick off the morning.

Rieu does have a skeletal look, but the tux makes it work.

Anonymous said...

You're my kind of guy. I like this stuff too. Maybe because of my Scot-Irish ancestry. :) The Bach

JunieRose2005 said...

Liked them all but especially the last one!

Fiddling always makes me think of my dad! He played the fiddle-but of course wasn't trained or an expert at it! Oh-but he had fun with that fiddle!!


Junie

Donna said...

My PopPop was a Fierce fiddler! We Loved to listen to him when he got wound up!
hughugs

Anvilcloud said...

I think a lot of fiddlers are not highly trained, but almost teach themselves.

Bernie said...

I agree AC, I was brought up on this music and love it. My grandfather, uncles played fiddles and all taught themselves. My mum played piano/organ and my brothers and husband guitar....we had some wonderful times, my dad was a wonderful step dancer and played the spoons (don't laught its true and he was good. lol......:-) Hugs

Anvilcloud said...

In the jam that I occasionally go to, there is a lady who plays the spoons. That's all she does. It's okay.