Friday, October 29, 2010

A New but Dear Friend

It's true; there's a new love in my love, and I have come to cherish the moments that we spend together every day. Like all loves, she does get up my nose from time to time, but our relationship remains committed.

Yes folks, I admit to having fallen for Neti, and the fact that she is a little potty simply makes her all that more precious to me.

Last winter I experienced multiple bouts of ear and sinus problems and found that my body doesn't get along well with all of the decongestants that I was forced to swallow. Neither did I much like being force fed antibiotics on a regular basis. So, this autumn I invited Neti into my life, and, so far, I am happy to say that she makes a difference.

After few intimate moments with Neti, I find that I can breathe easier. It's a good feeling to take those clear, unsnottified breaths let me tell ya.

I know that getting so excited about these short trysts makes an AC's life seem rather empty, but I am deeply appreciative that it's really my sinus cavities that are empty — even though as is true about intimate moments in general, the relief is only temporary.

It's fair to say that my moments with Neti have become an eagerly anticipated highlight of my dreary days.

8 comments:

Lorna said...

what does she/it do?

Ginnie said...

Ah, AC, I knew we had a lot in common. I discovered the benefits of the nasal purge a few years back and it is still my best defense against colds.
I love the way you wrote about "Nettie" and your wife doesn't have to be a bit jealous!

Bernie said...

I have heard of this AC, I think it was from Diana anyway whoever told me it was all good.....hope you have a cold free winter.....:-) Hugs

Diana said...

My first experience with the Netti pot was almost spiritual! I was in the bathroom with the door closed. If someone would have heard my cries of relief, they would have thought something X rated was going on! My son told me about it last winter. I was COMPLETELY stopped up. It worked wonderfully!! Love Di ♥

Anvilcloud said...

@ Ginnie & Di: We're definitely kindred spirits.

Tonya said...

I have never seen one before either. My husband is really sick right now and would probably like to spend some time with her... LOL Hope you are better soon!!

Ruth said...

I am too cheap to buy one and just use a 50cc syringe and my homemade saline solution to lavage my sinuses. I haven't been able to convince anyone else in my family to use it though.

Anvilcloud said...

After last winter I was desperate. Twenty bucks which included 100 packets of solution seemed cheaper than antibiotics. Also, the recommended homemade solutions didn't seem to include what we have in the house, so I was going to have to buy something. So .... ah ... I'm babbling.