Friday, October 22, 2010

Another Round

Since I have been posting from the vaults, please permit me another round. For all I know, I have posted some of these previously, but since they were more or less ready to go, and I'm in a bit of a rush, here they are. I really just want to post something today because I won't likely be able to for several days. They are all from 1976 0r 1977 as near as I can determine and are presented in possible sequential order.



↑↑ Thesha with our dog. Other than Susie, we've been a cat family. Thesha was reading in our sunporch, which had to be closed off in the cold weather. The couch in the background was a wedding gift from my parents seven or eight years before the picture was taken.

↓↓ Thesha with her grandmother, apparently near Mom's in May of 1976.




↑↑ My dad, the girls' grampa, possibly also taken on grandma's birthday weekend.

↓↓ Grandma reading Thesha a story. I think that same book is on the shelf behind me right now. Sometimes, I read it to Nikki Dee.




↑↑ We went to Centre Island in Toronto with some relatives. Thesha was quite intent on her driving.

↓↓ A horseback ride on that same day. Her cousin is on the next horse.

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Your pre-digital pictures are excellent. It goes to show that the equipment is less important than the photographer's ability to see a good picture. I LOVE the first one... sunroom, dog, book, adorable little girl and her doll...
Nice to have these memories.

Diana said...

I can see you in your dad AC. Also looking at Thesha , well so similar to Nikki Dee! I loved her crocheted slippers with the pom poms! I think I had a pair too. Love Di ♥

MARY G said...

These old photos are so precious. And getting them scanned and preserved will make them a treasure for your daughters and grandkids one day. I like that you are labelling them - a lot of my inheritance of photos from my grandparents and mother is neither dated nor labelled, giving me few clues about some of the shots.

Mary said...

AC, great memories. Made me think back a few years to when my own daughter was young.

Hope all is well with you. Thanks for the memories.

Blessings,
Mary

Kila said...

Those photos are priceless treasures. Thank you for sharing them with us.

I had rocking chair very similar to Thesha's!

Bernie said...

Nikki Dee looks so much like her mom, I wish I had more picture from when I was younger or pictures of my family. I must look in the crawl space for a box, you have me wanting to find them....:-) Hugs