Saturday, June 26, 2010

Of Campfires and Reunions

For those of us with decaying brains and fading memory, computers can be a blessing. With a few easy mouse clicks we are able to peek back into the past. I had cause to peruse some old blogs today; it was a nice trip which I should think to make more often. So, when I was looking for a photo for today's post, I also slipped into the past: not long past, just last June, with the proviso that the grandkids would not be the subject for a change.

I had forgotten for the time being that the A Team had come home for a brief visit and that after spending some time here, we had also met for a brief visit at the cottage. We sat by the campfire that night, chatted and experimented with a few night photos.

This one, two blended photos really, is of my daughter, Althegal and the campfire.

By the Campfire


The A Team will be coming home again near the end of August, and we will again convene at the cottage with as many family members as possible. I think we're all looking forward to it. I know I am.

7 comments:

Mara said...

I really need to get a proper photo program. Your collages (if I can call them that) are always so great!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a day without either a photo or comment about Zach and Nikki Dee?
The photo of your daughter and campfire were interesting..aren't photo editing programs great?

Diana said...

Oh AC this sounds like a great and exciting time to look forward to! I am a bit envious as I miss my daughter Ginny so much. I'll probably have to wait until Christmas. I love what you did with the photo of your girl! Someday I will sit down and try to figure out how to do those things with the photos! Love Di ♥

Anonymous said...

In the day of no digital cameras, and we used film, I created those kind of photographs without even trying and without the aid of Photoshop...it was called double-exposure, but not nearly as nice as the one your posted...at least her hair isn't on fire.
~sWaMpY~

Anvilcloud said...

I did think of that Swampy: not that I really got around to doing it, but I knew it was possible.

Snowbrush said...

I'm with Anecdotes. All I had to do was to forget to advance the film, and I could enjoy all kinds of innovative photographs, some of which didn't even look half bad.

Anonymous said...

OK. I'm back. I've posted a contest at my place...not that you might like the prize, but do need your creative talent over there...send your readers, too.
~sWaMpY~