Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's Happened Again

Since my loved ones frequently enjoy a good laugh at my expense, I might as well toss a snicker-worthy tidbit your way.

I told you that we went to visit Lorna and Dave on the weekend, and I told you that it was cold out, but that we still bundled up and went for a walk. I think I even told you that I wore long johns.

What I didn't tell you is that I left them (the lj's) behind. I can try to tell you that it was an act of kindness to help keep Dave or Lorna warm, but they have their own warmer-thingies, and probably only want to handle mine while wearing those hand-c0nd0m-latex-thingies.

I didn't tell you this in the previous post. I didn't tell you because I didn't know. But after I received a very funny ransom note from Lorna, I did know. Apparently, Lorna has joined the throngs who enjoy a chuckle over AC's absentmindedness.

Of course, my kin were kind enough to remind me of the time that I left a goodly number of apparel-ish items at a hotel after a conference. There was a suit, which I sort of remembered when they brought it up, but they also claimed that there was underwear and socks and such. The suit had been left hanging in the cupboard, but Cuppa says that the other items were found on the floor behind a chair.

But you know, I cannot be held totally responsible for that particular breakdown. It all began when four male teachers were booked into one hotel room with two beds. Pity AC, who could picture himself hugging his bedmate (so to speak) in his sleep, and therefore decided that his best bet was to sleep on the floor. Fortunately, he manage that because he was still young of body as this happened quite a long time ago.

Come the next night, another room was made available when several speakers who had finished their presentations went home early. Of course, this only happened at bedtime, so I grabbed what things I could think of and scurried off to my new digs. Of course, I never thought to go back to the old room and looking around before checking out the next day. I really think that under the circumstances such a tiny oversight is quite understandable.

So, really: leaving my underwear behind only twice in more than six decades really isn't so bad. Please tell me that you agree.




PS: We'll soon be off to cottage country and abysmal internet service for a few days. I would be surprised if I am able to post or even read your posts for awhile.

18 comments:

Barry said...

I have left many more things behind in hotel rooms over the years.

I overcame this deficiency in my organizational abilities with a simple rule--never unpack.

Just live out of the suitcase. Anything that gets unpacked and put in a drawer will live in that drawer forever.

Including longjohns.

Jinksy said...

I thought only frilly undies appeared in forgotten places...

Ginnie said...

I can't say that I ever lost any undies that way but I did find a gorgeous black (slinky) nightgown under the bed in a motel once.
Obviously the cleaning lady did not her job very well !!

Anonymous said...

My hubby and you could so relate. :-)

Have a good time at the cottage. We are experiencing quite the heat wave at the moment. If you are as well.. it should make for some great outdoors moments.

Donna said...

Hahaaaa...What a Terribly "revealing" moment for you... (;O)

Mara said...

I agree, I totally agree! Couldn't agree more.

*Chuckle chuckle*

MARY G said...

I want to see the ransom note - are you paying up or going to be cold bummed for the rest of the winter?

Bernie said...

Soooo funny, can't say I left undies behind or none that I know about anyway......:-) Hugs

Anonymous said...

I used to leave things in HH car, before we were married so I knew he would come back.
QMM

dmmgmfm said...

I think twice in sixty years is rather good, myself. Of course I'm the woman that tries to use her cell phone as a computer mouse, so what do I know?

Kathy Trejo said...

LOL that is funny! (((Hugs))) to you :-) One time in the past i went to Las Vegas with my husband and i forgot to pack our undies...we still laugh about that...

Kathy Trejo said...

i just now saw your profile pic...LOL..you look like a Ninja ;-D

love it!

Diana said...

i say that there are worse things to leave behind!
lOVE DI

Mary said...

AC,

Actually, Diane spoke before me for that is exactly what I was going to say. When you get our age, it's only reasonable to think we will leave a few things behind. In our recent trip to Washington, the boys, especially Brandon, checked and double checked the room when we checked out. So I didn't have a chance to be absentminded.

Enjoyed your post. Have a safe and fun trip to cottage country.

Blessings,
Mary

Anonymous said...

AC,
You are too funny... have a good time at the cottage....
The Bach

Kila said...

LOL, not a bad record.

Hope you're having a good time at the cottage.

JunieRose2005 said...

AC,

Only twice to be without your underwear is not bad at all! ;)

Will miss your posts so hurry back!


Junie

DHV said...

I thought I'd left my mobile phone charger behind in Queenstown,and had to wait all day until we reached Franz Joseph Village before I could open my suitcase and check. Phew! I had it in the suitcase and I was so relieved. I'm happy to say I've never to my knowledge left anything delicate like underwear behind at someone's house. How embarrasing.