Wednesday, December 09, 2009

I Hope You Like It

Thank goodness that winter has arrived (with a bang) because I was getting worried that Santa wouldn't be able land his sleigh. Now that I have completed my first snow-shovelling of the season, I feel like playing another Christmas song. How about Boney M doing Zion's Daughter?

I think it was two Christmases ago that I saw their CD in a local pharmacy, and I knew that I had to take it home. We had had the record a long time ago, and we played it so much that I grew weary of it. However, after a long hiatus, I found that I was missing their style of Christmas music, so I was delighted to bring Boney M back into our home.

They are Nikki Dee's favourite group too. It's this music that she is recently insisting upon as soon as she climbs into our car. In her case it's just Jingle Bells, but here I am offering Zion's Daughter. While I'm glad to have all of the traditional selections and styles of Christmas music, at this time in my life, I really like to find tunes that are different and unique, and this song by Boney M is just that for me. I have never heard this song anywhere else and have never heard their sound replicated in Christmas music.

Update: music archived for another year.


Considering the style of music, I am shocked to discover that the original members of the group were all West German and find it even weirder to learn that the name came from an Australian detective show called Boney. There is much more information on Wikipedia.

4 comments:

thailandchani said...

How about "By The Rivers of Babylon" by Boney M. One of my all-time favorites! "How can I sing the Lord's song in a strange land..."




~*

Donna said...

I've never heard of this group! But I like their music!!hughugs

MARY G said...

Love it! Thanks for the tip.

Bernie said...

Great music, I don't know how you find all these great songs A/C but I am glad you do.....:-) Hugs